About the job
As a part of a pilot program to make Danone NZ digitally savvy and robust operation, we embarked on a journey of Digital Transformation and Automation of our processes. Taking the journey ahead, we are now seeking a Digital Transformation and Systems Manager as part of our talented Operational Excellence team based in Auckland.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Transformation and Operational Excellence, you will work with different areas across the entire organisation to ensure each area is able to deliver effectively and efficiently utilising digital tools and data available. You will build and lead a small, highly competent core team that works collaboratively with research /design & development and deliver the best possible solution for different challenges in different parts of the business.
- Ensure optimum performance and excellence are achieved by the implementation of digital tools and the use of data
- Design a digital transformation strategic plan around digital tools/methods to improve the way we work and the speed of the decisions we make
- Infuse an Agile mindset and framework within the work culture
- Work to improve digital decision-making about technology choices and the implementation and integration of 3rd-party products/services
- Co-ordinate IT, Digital, and Data contractors to assist with maximising plant uptime & minimize the cost of implementation of new technologies
- Collaborate closely with the wider Operational Excellence team to align shared priorities and outcomes
- Work collaboratively with Production and Maintenance teams in the factories to understand their challenges and help them to find the best digital solution
You are systems/digital guru with a flair for bringing improvements through digitisation/automation and optimum data analysis. Your prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, stakeholder engagement, project management skills, collaborative working style, excellent people management skills, and efficient verbal and written communications, will be advantageous in this role. You enjoy taking ownership & responsibility and know how to act with speed, agility & pragmatism.
To be successful you will also have:
- Trade Qualification or an Engineering/IT Degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience in manufacturing or project management or equivalent is preferred
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of digital technologies and tools
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and manufacturing systems is a bonus
- Strong leadership skills and experience in creating and managing a diverse and high-performing team
- Excellent organization skills, and an ability to work with shifting priorities
Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Danone Nutricia Specialised Nutrition produces specialty foods for infants and young children, and our mission “We make every day count for you and your baby” gives meaning to everything we do. We operate out of 3 sites in New Zealand in Auckland and Balclutha, where our teams undertake the manufacturing, distribution, and development of our infant milk and toddler supplements with market-leading brands.
- The opportunity to make this new role your own, with broad exposure across all areas of our business
- A large canvas to learn and grow in the role
- Endless possibilities to develop and accelerate your career
- A chance to make a difference in our society through Specialised Nutrition
- A dynamic manager and a high-performing team where you are both challenged and supported
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to really make this role your own, please hit the APPLY button now!
No Recruitment Agencies please.