About the job
ABOUT THE JOB
We have a fantastic new opportunity for the Operational Performance Lead to be part of our talented and dynamic Operational Excellence team based in Balclutha. As a key member of a team, you will analyse cross-functional data, present statistical performance analysis, and recommend solutions to implement in conjunction with the engineering team across Auckland and Balclutha sites.
Reporting to the Performance Manager you will deliver performance improvement initiatives with the alignment of all KPIs according to Danone standards. You will lead and implement the continuous improvement program for the entire operation and ensure the development and coaching of factory teams to secure continuous sustainability.
- Drive operational efficiency and improvement on every step of the value chain
- Reduce operations impact on cost per ton by analysing data and proposing ideas for improvement
- Identify gaps, report, and resolve workplace barriers related to equipment, procedures, and processes to achieve expected performance
- Visit each site to ensure the challenges are understood and offer the required support
- Monitor the production performance to eliminate wastage and maximise efficiency
- Contribute to the achievement of a zero-harm workplace through active participation in and support of the company’s WISE Health & Safety program
- Support plant-based projects and propose viable solutions and innovations to increase manufacturing efficiency and quality of products
You are a dynamic professional who enjoys data analysis, interpreting data in an efficient manner to recommend best practices, and implementing continuous improvement projects. Your prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, stakeholder engagement, strong influencing skills, collaborative working style, excellent project management skills, and efficient verbal and written communications, will see you succeed in the role. Above all, you enjoy taking ownership & responsibility and know how to act with speed, agility & pragmatism.
To be successful you will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Science or Engineering Degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience in Continuous Improvements / Performance in a manufacturing environment
- Strong data analysis and reporting background
- Prior experience in Infant Formula/Dairy/Food/Hygiene or other FMCG manufacturing is preferable
- Strong background in lean manufacturing/ Six Sigma experience is desired
- Good mechanical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills with competence in MS Office Suite are desired
- Knowledge of HACCP principle is desirable
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to work with shifting priorities
Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Danone Nutricia Specialised Nutrition produces specialty foods for infants and young children, and our mission “We make every day count for you and your baby” gives meaning to everything we do. We operate out of 3 sites in New Zealand in Auckland and Balclutha, where our teams undertake the manufacturing, distribution, and development of our infant milk and toddler supplements with market-leading brands.
- The opportunity to make this new role your own, with broad exposure across different areas of plants
- A large canvas to learn and grow in the role
- Endless possibilities to develop and accelerate your career
- A chance to make a difference in our society through Specialised Nutrition
- A dynamic manager and a high-performing team where you are both challenged and supported
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to really make this role your own, please hit the APPLY button now!
No Recruitment Agencies please.