About the job
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, and energetic professional within our talented Quality team. As a Quality Release Coordinator, you will join our Release team – part of the wider Quality and Food Safety team, located at our production plant in Airport Oaks. This is a 12 months fixed term full-time opportunity, working Monday-Friday with the flexibility to work on Saturday & public holidays, with the main purpose of ensuring effective and efficient product releases from our site.
- Check compliance and assess for release of all raw and packaging materials AND finished products in a timely manner
- Involve in a sampling of raw materials prior to release into production as required
- Ensure traceability through Edec compliance of our products to MPI requirements
- Ensure data management of results for raw materials
- Utilize the knowledge in all systems to support the traceability requirements
- Initiate, review, and update SOP’s relevant to Material and Product Releasing
- Assist in external and internal auditing processes as required
- Ensure good coordination with in-house laboratory, planning, production, logistics, and export team for material and product releasing and Edec management
You could be an experienced professional or a fresh science graduate with a tertiary qualification in Food Science or Microbiology/Chemistry. You thrive in a detail-oriented working environment, are not easily put off by routine tasks, and have unparalleled dedication and commitment to your work. The nature of this role is desktop-oriented and repetitive within a pressured environment. In return, you will enjoy plenty of opportunities to showcase your strong conviction to fulfill responsibilities, deal with an array of different situations and step out of your comfort zone!
As a coordinator, you will work collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups and enhance your interpersonal and communication skills along the way.
To be successful you will have:
- Prior experience in the Quality function in a manufacturing / FMCG environment is preferred
- Understanding of GMP and HACCP is desired
- Intermediate Excel skills will be highly advantageous in this role
- Agile mindset with an ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and organisational skills
Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Danone Nutricia Specialised Nutrition produces specialty foods for infants and young children, and our mission “We make every day count for you and your baby” gives meaning to everything we do. We operate out of 3 sites in New Zealand in Auckland and Balclutha, where our teams undertake the manufacturing, distribution, and development of our infant milks and toddler supplements with market leading brands.
- The opportunity to constantly collaborate with teams across the business, having direct interaction with our products
- Opportunities to step up and take on responsibilities outside of your daily tasks
- Endless possibilities to develop and accelerate your career
- A chance to make a difference in our society through Specialised Nutrition
- Performance related Bonus
- Great Benefits and working culture
- Performance bonus
- Annual Salary Review
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
To find out more about Danone please check out our Danone LinkedIn
Opportunities like these don’t come around often and we will review applications as they are submitted, so if this sounds like you – get in quick and Apply Today!
Please note that only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please.