About the job
Based in the Netherlands and reporting to the Head of C&P Indirect Netherlands, the Sr. Indirect Buyer Professional Services will play a strategic role within the Benelux cluster.
You will play a key role in building up productivity pipelines and define local strategies for some of the cateogories in scope, while for the others adapting and scaling the regional and global strategies. In this role, you will focus on 5 key categories: travel and compensation & benefits, talent and contingency workforce, real estate, IS IT, and outsourced professional services. With the support of one resource based in Belgium, your main responsibilities will be:
Category strategy & roadmap building
• Ensure that all procurement initiatives are aligned with the Global and Regional strategies for your category
• Bringssourcing expertise and best practice to generate and execute ideas to create savings
• Propose and implement action plan to meet our productivity objectives
• Maintain ongoing connection with regional and global Professional Services teams
• Work closely with the program leaders and business leaders to facilitate the implementation
Category purchasing missions:
• Develop an internal network to capture needs, prioritize projects, and implement them in close coordination with business stakeholders
• Source and benchmark suppliers through RFP and negotiations
• Ensure contracting and application of negotiated conditions
• Define and follow KPIs with suppliers. Monitor quality service and performance of suppliers, and serve as a resource to resolve commercial issues
• Implement & follow action plan to improve supplier contributions
Continuous improvement of the procurement activities
• Re-enforce the basics on contract management process, and increase the spend under C&P management
• Lead P2P content update on category cards, preferred suppliers, and preferred buying channels
• Ensure compliance along the process including our relations with suppliers
• Track savings with controlling (Cost Out) & promote added value (Value In) for stakeholders
• Propose and implement simplification of purchasing and procurement processes with stakeholders
This position is based in our Zoetermeer office, the Netherlands, and requires around 20% of traveling within the Benelux.
Main Requirements & Competencies
- Master degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years within a procurement function
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to lead multiple projects and to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to engage and build connections
- Stakeholder management skills and influencing
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in business English is a must, working proficiency in Dutch is preferred
Do things your way. The way you work, the way you develop, the way you progress, it’s all up to you.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity, and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon, and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the ‘One Planet. One Health’ frame of action a reality. Our High Performing and diverse teams secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with Suppliers aligned with our vision.
We have the power, through what and how we source, to shape the world we live in.
Here at Danone we are passionate about the investment of our people. We commit to working with you to outline your development pathway through a variety of learning opportunities, both online and offline. We also offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days of paid annual leave, discounts on a collective health insurance, and even on some of our products.
Are you the Buyer we're looking for? Hit the “apply now” button and submit your application until January 31st, 2022. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career website.
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status