About the job
Senior Team Leader Immune Resilience (L7)
For Adult patients, specifically those with disease- related malnutrition due to frailty, cancer, ICU stay and conditions of aging, there is a strong need for nutritional and biotic solutions to reduce risk and severity of infections, control inflammation, improve gut health, and speed up the recovery of patients.
For consumers, the immune benefits brought by fermented dairy product such as Actimel are extremely relevant since the COVID-19 pandemic and need to be strengthen.
About the job
- Initiating, performing, managing and supporting state of the art scientific research into immunological processes and mechanisms aimed at the development of nutritional concepts for both prevention as well as treatment of immune-related disorders.
- Contributing to a better understanding how nutrition including pre-, pro-, syn- and post-biotics influence immune resilience in challenged conditions.
- Providing superior and differentiating nutritional solutions, supporting immunity in adulthood, during both health and illness, which are negatively affected by aging, obesity, malnutrition during disease, cancer, and environmental challenges with a multidisciplinary team focused on immune related disorders
- Setting up public-private partnerships that support our business goals
- A PhD in Immunology together with a strong senior research track record (at least senior post-doc experience) in Immunology either in immunosenescence or oncology or infections and vaccinology.
- A strong Immunologist that likes to give lectures and speak in public.
- Excellent communication skills (in English) to interact & impact with internal stakeholders at Danone Nutricia Research in a non-hierarchical & cross functional ways and with external stakeholders, such as Universities, hospitals and or other companies.
- Strong, pro-active leader, who can manage an experienced and scientific team within a complex and international environment.
- Team player with a collaborative & curious mindset
- Strong and tangible experience in translating science into applications & marketable products
- Extensive experience in both of team management and project management
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products. In the Netherlands we also offer a hybrid working environment which enables each team to meet our people's desire for flexibility. Across our 3 office hubs in Hoofddorp, Zoetermeer and Utrecht this helps us create better opportunities for connection & synergies across our entities, teams, functions and categories.
Hit the “apply now” button. After your application deadline first feedback will follow within 2 weeks. In case you are invited to the selection process you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our website.
Need more information? Please contact Valerija Usova, Talent Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.