DANONE S.A., a company registered under the laws of France with the trade and companies register of Paris under the number 552 032 534, domiciliated at 17, boulevard Haussmann – 75009 Paris (“DANONE”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is the publisher of the Danone Careers website accessible at careers.danone.com/en-global (the “Website” or “Danone Careers”) which gives information regarding careers and job opportunities at Danone allowing applicants to apply to one of our many career opportunities here at Danone throughout the world.
If you want to know more about DANONE S.A and its subsidiaries (“DANONE”), please visit https://www.danone.com/.
By using this Website, You agree to the Terms without reserve.
You are required to refer to the version accessible online on the date of your access and use of the services.
You are expressly informed that the only authentic version of Terms is the one that is accessible through https://careers.danone.com/en-global/terms-of-use/
WHO CAN ACCESS THE WEBSITE?
By accessing and using the services provided by the Website, You state that:
- You reached the legal age of your country or older. If You are under the legal age of your country, You state that you have your legal guardians’ prior authorization to use this Website. This authorization can be demanded by our services;
- You will comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
The Website is made available for use by individuals searching for career openings, services or information related to their personal employment or job research at DANONE. The services provided by the Website are:
- Presentation of employment openings, career orientation and every career opportunity at DANONE;
- Employment application platform and process (follow-up);
- Profile setup, employment information and management of your applications.
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
Access to the Website
You may freely access and use the Website, without being required to create an account or sign in.
Creation and access to the User Account
In order to use and access certain sections of the Website, You will be required to create an account (the “User Account”). This User Account is personal and is protected by a password.
If ever you apply for employment with us, we will collect additional personal data, such as your resume.
To know more about the way we collect and manage your personal data in this context, please refer to our Candidate Privacy Statement.
You are solely responsible for entering your data, DANONE can in no way be held responsible for erroneous information. In the event that the User provides false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, misleading or deceptive information, DANONE may, immediately without notice or compensation, suspend or terminate the User Account and deny access, temporarily or permanently, to all or part of the services provided by the Website.
You have the possibility to access, correct or update your personal data at any time in your User Account.
The creation of a User Account also implies the choice of a username and a password. It is recommended to adopt a strong password (containing at least 8 characters including numbers, capital letters and special characters).
The username and password can be changed online by You in your User Account in the personal information section. The username and password are personal and confidential, and You agree not to communicate them to third parties.
Rights we grant You
DANONE grants You a personal, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable licence to access and use the Website. This licence is for the sole purpose of letting You use the Website in a way that these Terms allow.
Any action going beyond these rights of access and use and in particular any reproduction, making available to third parties, illegal downloading constitutes an act of infringement. The User undertakes not to use or implement a robot or any other automated means to access the Website and/or the content, and more generally not to attempt to undermine the operation of the Website.
Thus, except in cases where expressly authorised by law, the User shall not, nor allow another to, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Website or any of these elements or create derivative works.
Rules of conduct
DANONE supports and promotes values of tolerance, diversity, respect of others, without regards to age, race/ethnicity, colour, gender, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status and any other legally protected category.
The User undertakes to respect these values while using the Website. In particular:
- to respect the values of DANONE;
- not to make discriminatory, racist, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, insulting, malicious, obscene, unlawful or other violent or pornographic remarks, or to publish content contrary to public order or morality in any way whatsoever in the context of their browsing and use of the Website;
- not to disseminate any content that may be harmful, defamatory, unauthorized, malicious or infringing on privacy or publicity rights, inciting violence, racial or ethnic hatred or qualify as gross indecency or incitement to commit certain crimes or offences;
- not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
- not to use the Website for political, propaganda or proselytizing purposes;
- not to infringe DANONE’s intellectual property rights on the Website and its element;
- not to spam, intimidate, solicit, or divert the Website in any way from its intended purpose including by using it as a dating service;
- not to conduct illegal activities, disseminating content (photographs, images, texts, videos) portraying minors in any way;
- to report inappropriate content to DANONE.
You are informed that you can delete your User Account from the Website at any time. Please note that if you delete your Account, you won’t be able to use and access certain sections of the Website anymore, nor receive job alerts you subscribed for.
In the context of a job application, if you decide to delete your User Account, Danone will be unable to assess your compatibility with the job position, which might result in the rejection of your application. For more information on how we process your personal data when you apply to a job, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Statement.
However, You alone, remain responsible for the use of the Website, and the content You create, send, or store through the Website.
DANONE cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of the Website by the User, or any third party (authorised or not).
DANONE undertakes its best efforts to keep the content (vacancies, opportunities, etc.) up to date. However, there can be some delay in the processing of the new information meaning that Danone cannot guarantee that it is always fully up to date.
DANONE undertakes to make its best efforts to ensure permanent access to the Website and its services as well as its operation.
However, DANONE cannot be held responsible for the unavailability of the Website or a service in case of events such as:
- Maintenance of the Website, including when the maintenance intervention is carried out by third parties;
- Occurrence of an unforeseeable, insurmountable and external event (force majeure event);
- Failure of the Internet network.
The User is furthermore informed of the risks inherent in the use of the Internet, and particularly in terms of a security defect in data transmission and the non-guaranteed continuity of access to the Website and the Website’s content. Under no circumstances shall DANONE be held liable for these risks and their consequences, detrimental, whatever the extent, for the User.
It is the responsibility of each User to take all appropriate measures to protect his or her own data, software and hardware from contamination by viruses or other forms of attack that may circulate through the Website.
DANONE reserves the right, at any time, to modify all or part of the Website and its functionalities, to modify or propose new content. In particular, DANONE may update the content according to changes in legal provisions or best practices in force.
Any new functionality will be subject to these Terms.
DANONE informs the User, who accepts it, that it sub-contracts the hosting of the Website to Digital Ocean whose servers are located in Amsterdam.
In the event of a security flaw detected by DANONE that is likely to seriously compromise the security of the Website, DANONE may, without prior notice, temporarily interrupt access to the Website in order to remedy the security flaw as soon as possible. In this case, the User may not claim any compensation or hold DANONE liable for any reason whatsoever.
DANONE’s intellectual property
The Website as well as the source code, contents, animations, sounds, interfaces, texts, and all the functionalities available on the Website are the property of DANONE (or the its affiliated companies) which owns the intellectual property rights or has the authorisations necessary for the conclusion of these Terms.
DANONE may also make use of graphic elements from third parties and for this purpose has the necessary rights and licence to use them within the framework of the Website.
The User undertakes to respect the intellectual property rights of DANONE (or its affiliated companies, as the case may be) as well as the rights of third parties.
If at any moment of your experience on the Website, we make available to You content that you are authorized to download (the “Downloadable Content”), DANONE grants the User, for its personal and private use only, free of charge and for the maximum legal protection period of intellectual property rights as defined under French law, including any renewal or extension hereof, a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Downloadable Content. Any reproduction, representation, modification or distribution of the Website shall be prohibited. By downloading or using such Downloadable Content, the User agrees to use them in accordance with these Terms.
We remind you that You shall secure all the necessary authorizations and rights from any relevant rights holders in connection with any content you may wish to submit, upload, post or send via or to the Website, including any and all intellectual property rights and/or literary, artistic and/or industrial property rights, and publicity rights (including the right to one’s image), to allow your quiet use of such contents and ensure its use by DANONE (or its affiliates according to the Terms. For example, you shall secure the rights in and to any contents, for example, the photo you use, the artwork included in your professional resume.
We may make available via this Website a space dedicated to user contents, such as text, photos, videos, opinions, etc. (“Content”), such space being publicly accessible to any user of this Website which may be able to submit Content.
In this context, we may also want to repost or reuse on the Website and/or associated social media account(s) of DANONE (or its affiliated companies),any publication / post that would include your Content and reference us with our mentions (i.e. hashtags and tags such as #lifeatdanone or any other tag or hashtag making reference to DANONE, “Our Mentions”) and that were initially posted on your social media account(s).
Without prejudice to the below, DANONE will ask You to reconfirm your authorization in order to identify which publication / post including your Content and Our Mentions we may want to repost and reuse according to the Terms.
By submitting, uploading, posting or sending content or material to DANONE (or using Our Mentions within the above-mentioned context):
- You represent and warrant that the submitted Content are yours and that you have all the rights, including intellectual property rights and personality rights, in the Content and that if there is any third party rights in such Content, you have been granted with the necessary and appropriate authorisations to comply with the Terms and;
- You represent and warrant that the Content does not violate any third-party rights nor applicable laws and that, to the extent such content were published on a social media account(s) of yours, it does not violate the terms and conditions of such social media platform;
- You grant us, for the maximum legal protection period of intellectual property rights as defined under French law, including any renewal or extension hereof, a royalty-free, worldwide and , irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully transferable, assignable and sublicensable right license, to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed including on the Website and/or in any social media account(s) of DANONE, for internal and external communication in order to promote and advertise about, inter alia, career opportunities within Danone;
- You also grant to us, a license to use your personality attributes including your name, surname, username, voice, location (if indicated in your original post) etc. (“Your Image”) to the extent that Your Image is included in your Content, to the same extent as above-mentioned to the mere exception that the duration of such license for your Image which is limited to a period of 10 years from the date it was submitted to us, by any means, and;
- in case of any third-party claims related to the use of the Content by us (or our affiliates), you accept that DANONE may disclose your identity and that you should handle any claim related to the use of the Content by us (or our affiliates) and indemnify and hold harmless DANONE in such case.
This right for DANONE to adapt your Content is provided that the modified Content shall not alter your image or words. Further, the use of Content may be anonymized, if you expressly authorized it.
We cannot be responsible for maintaining any submitted Content that you provide to us, and we may delete or destroy any such submitted Content at any time. If you change your mind about sharing your Content, or you do not want Danone to contact you about User Content again, please contact us via email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The links that may appear on the Website will cause the User to leave the Website. These links are provided for the User’s convenience only, and do not imply any approval or endorsement of said sites by DANONE. The target sites are not under the control of DANONE, and DANONE is in no way responsible for their content.
DANONE try to keep the Website up and running free of annoyances. But we cannot promise that we will always succeed. The User also acknowledges that the Website are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind. In addition, while DANONE attempts to provide a good user experience, we do not represent or warrant that: (a) the Website will always be secure, error-free or timely; (b) the Website will always function without delays, disruption or imperfections.
DANONE and their affiliates take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content that You, another user, or a third party creates, sends, receives, or stores on or through the Website.
Within the limits authorised by the law, the User expressly acknowledges that DANONE’s liability cannot be sought under any circumstances:
- in the event of suspension of access to the Website for maintenance work;
- for reduced performance or temporary or permanent unavailability of the Website;
- in the event of suspension or closure of the Website, under the conditions set out herein;
- in the event of the occurrence of any damage resulting from a fault, improper use of the Website, or negligence on the part of the User;
- for any failure of the internet network or means of communication.
Danone and our affiliates will not be liable for any indirect damages like any loss of profits or revenues, or any loss of data, use, goodwill or other intangible losses. in no event will Danone or their affiliates’ aggregate liability for all claims relating to the website exceed euros 1000.
nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit Danone or their affiliates’ liability for: a) death or personal injury arising from their own respective intent or negligence; b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or c) any other liability to the extent that such liability may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
If the law of the country where you live does not allow the exclusions of liability provided for in this clause, those exclusions shall not apply.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW
To the extent the parties are permitted under these Terms to initiate litigation in a court, both You and DANONE agree that all claims and disputes (whether contractual or otherwise) arising out of or relating to the Terms, the use of the Website, will be litigated in the courts of France, unless this is prohibited by the laws of the country where You reside.
The laws of France govern these Terms and any claims and disputes (whether contractual or otherwise) arising out of or relating to these Terms or their subject matter, unless this is prohibited by the laws of the country where You reside.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If You have any question or issue, please contact us on https://www.danone.com/ and we will do our best to resolve it.
The present Terms may be modified by DANONE in order to take into account, in particular and without this list being exhaustive, regulatory changes, improvements made to the Website, and changes in the situation.
Last update: 04/11/2020