We have an amazing opportunity for an Associate Category Manager. This role serves as an analytic and category management expert using the category management process as a decision platform for all initiatives designed to optimize category performance at the customer(s). The Associate Category Manager acts as the active interface between sales, marketing, business development, supply chain, shopper marketing, shopper insights, business analytics, and market research in developing category story to drive profitability and category growth. Work closely with the buyer to define the vision of the category. Lead the company to become a thought leader and go-to advisor (including category captain whenever possible) for the customer when it comes to category management. Create compelling, actionable stories that will captivate customers and grow category sales for the mutual benefit of both company and customer.
• Become a thought leader and go-to advisor at the customer(s) by developing category story and executing the category vision to grow the category at the customer(s)
• Partner with the customer(s) to understand their category vision and direction
• Tailor national category stories and category vision to specific customers based on customer/shopper insights
• Educate the customer and sales team on consumer and business category insights, including category stories that influence customers to act
• Bring a category perspective to customer conversations and customer plans - less focus on Danone brands, but on the overall category
• Support field CBMs, KAMs, and Analysts on building the customer plan and ensuring that category insights are incorporated into joint business and customer planning
• Represent the business for all the categories that Danone covers
• Work with customer's buying team on the development of the proper category performance tracking tools and lead the creation and distribution of these tools
• Lead planogram development process and adjacency analysis
• Identify category trends, fair share opportunity gaps, and share of wallet and leakage opportunities that lead to customer recommendations
• Provide best-practice insights back to Center of Excellence
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience.
• You have at least 2+ years of experience in category management, strong with syndicated data and proficient in shopper/panel data & space management
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as one of the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet. With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits including flexible time off (no yearly cap) and up to 26 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave, and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food. Please join us in nourishing lives & inspiring a healthier world through food! Learn more @ www.danonenorthamerica.com
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
The base compensation range for this position is $72,000-$85,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.