Pay starts at $29.51 hourly with a $2000 sign on bonus!
The Maintenance Mechanic ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing corrective and preventive maintenance requirements on various types of industrial equipment including motors, pumps, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
Additional responsibilities include:
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using a variety of tools; examining form and texture of parts
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with and adhering to all applicable state and federal law, company ISO Quality program, as well as any safety/health and environmental policies and procedures rules, and regulations
• Autonomous maintenance and Planned Maintenance (TPM) program Participation
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of five (5) years of practical and/or classroom training on mechanical and manufacturing based machinery
• Experience should include a combination in most of the following: Process Control System (RS View), instrumentations, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, compressors, utilities, boilers, and ammonia-based systems
• Verifiable High School diploma or GED
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• The ability to write routine reports, SOPs, and correspondence The ability to compute rate, ratio, percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Thorough understanding of mechanical procedures as related to manufacturing maintenance applications
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability
• Physical demands: o regularly stand, walk, talk and hear; reach, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Frequently lift 25 lbs up to 50 lbs. Close vision, distance vision, and color vision
• The ability to work with minimal supervision • The ability to quickly adapt to a changing work environment, competing demands, and delays or unexpected events
• The ability to work in wet, cold, and/or humid conditions
• The ability to work while frequently standing on a concrete surface for 12-hour shifts in a moderately noisy work environment
• The ability to work night shift and which could include weekends and/or holidays.
• Individuals with experience in the dairy, food and beverage industry strongly desired
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.