About the job
ABOUT THE JOB
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Plant Industrialization Manager based in Mount, Crawford, VA. The Plant Industrialization Manager (PIM) will lead industrialization of packaging, product, productivity, innovation, and renovation projects at the manufacturing facility. The PIM is the single point of contact between the manufacturing plant and cross functional teams (PMO, Research & Innovation (R&I), Quality, etc.) working closely with the Innovation and Engineering Team for all product and package industrialization projects.
The PIM represents the plant in the industrialization process making sure the plant capabilities are taken into account in the validation process; as well as making sure the plant is ready to supply the product. In order to achieve that, the PIM owns the trial management program as well as the NORAM industrial qualification process for their plant. They are the bridge between the corporate and plant locations to ensure project success and elevate risks / breakdowns when appropriate.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders, such as key technical resources, plant operations managers, supervisors, maintenance personnel, and operators for input into design considerations to facilitate the seamless project implementation into operation
- Administer technical guidance on new projects to ensure processes, equipment, and site are capable of meeting standards for quality, food safety, and scalability
- Single point of contact for coordinating and prioritizing the weekly trial schedule for the plant; including monthly and future forecast
- Ensures pre-trial tasks are completed and aligned to: pre-trial meeting with clearly defined success criteria, internal and external trial resource availability, test material-ingredient arrival into plant
- Trial leader during the actual trial ensuring objectives are being met within approved downtime schedule and manages root cause / next steps if breakdowns occur
- Ensure post-trial tasks are completed and aligned to: provide industrial results to be included in final R&I trial report including: success criteria results, data collection summary, recommendation on next steps/needs, and elevate and follow through any risks identified.
- Gatekeeper for plant to ensure qualification trial rules are being followed and validated on each project.
- Provides technical oversight during initial product production and ensures proper transition of ownership to plant quality and production teams.
- Provide industrial input and approval on all packaging and product specifications – utilizing plant subject matter experts as needed.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Engineering, Microbiology or closely related field, required, and have at least 3-5 years of relevant progressive experience in Consumer Package Goods (CPG) industry. Non-degreed candidates will be considered if exhibited 10+ years technical plant experience.
- You are highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- You are exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of concurrent multiple projects and priorities.
- You understand the essential value of engaging and actively communicating appropriate information to all levels involved with and/or affected by the project.
- You are flexible to consider additional information or ideas when formulating solutions.
- You have the ability to use knowledge, facts, data analysis, and professional insights to effectively solve problems and put in place best practice business-based solutions.
- You have excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are process-oriented; able to identify process improvements and implement change successfully.
- You are adaptable to changing project scopes and priorities; and remains solution oriented through change.
- You have solid understanding of food safety regulations – PMO, 3A and FDA Food Safety knowledge / experience required.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.