This is a multi-facing, cross-functional strategy and senior packaging role based at our Singapore office. As Senior Global Specifications Manager, you will manage the specifications of part of the packaging material portfolio globally. You are accountable to ensure full food safety and regulatory compliance of the Packaging materials worldwide to ensure highest quality standards of finished products for sensitive customers. our role represents a unique opportunity to combine technical expertise, global vision and business acumen within a very challenging but inspiring category. Central to this opportunity, your role is to cooperate closely with other departments and stakeholders including R&D, Product, Quality and Purchasing. This requires you to convince and engage at a senior level as we seek to accelerate the pace of specification optimization by defining new ways of working.
To this end you will be a key part of a new Packaging Specifications Management team designed to enhance the highest levels of specification quality and processes in a cross-functional environment.
• Drive specification upgrading process: functional specification, supplier SPC (tolerances), new regulatory global requirements, safety risks anticipation
• Identify opportunities for specification improvement, efficiency, complexity reduction, security of supply and translate those into concrete harmonization projects across factories and suppliers.
• Achieve first time right/quality by design for any pack specification change introduced across whole value chain by executing robust specification management processes
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in an area such as Material Science, Packaging, Food Science/Technology, Chemical engineering or related;
• At least 5 years experience within B2B environment
• Strong interest in Food Safety element of packaging materials;
• Packaging / Project management experience is preferred.
• Resilient personality with a strong can-do mentality;
• Able to impact and influence stakeholders in a non-hierarchical, cross-functional and highly international environment;
• Continuous improvement mind set;
• At least some years of strong know-how in one packaging category: raw materials, pack conversion processes/technologies, pack testing through supply chain, pack cost drivers, regulations etc.;
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its three businesses Essential Dairy & Plant Based Products, Specialised Nutrition and Waters. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. This gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
A healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet. This is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!