This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a Global Tax team in Hoofddorp, we're looking for an exceptional senior tax analyst to join our team to support and help lead our growing businesses across Danone (with a strong focus on the Netherlands and European Regions).
Are you ready for this challenging role? Yes? Apply today!
In this role, you will report reports to the Tax Director and functionally to the Global Indirect Tax Manager and you will be part of an international team composed of 6 members. You will be co-responsible for VAT Accounting/VAT Compliance and have a VAT advisory role for the Dutch entities. You will collaborate with various stakeholders such as our Finance Business services teams and external local (foreign) Tax Authorities. More specifically, the main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Take end-to-end ownership of VAT Compliance including preparation and filing of Dutch and foreign VAT returns, EC purchase lists and Intrastat returns;
• Reconciliation of VAT ledgers with VAT reports and take care of open item management;
• Manage support in our Shared service center in the VAT compliance process;
• Support the Global Indirect Tax Manager on various Indirect Tax (VAT & Customs) projects;
• Not only assist with providing tax data to the tax authorities (VAT audits) but also manage the relationship with (foreign) Tax Authorities;
• Interact and manage relationships with external service providers;
• Follow-up and implement legal indirect tax changes;
• Provide support, training and VAT advice to the businesses and accounting teams on VAT processes and new developments;
• Liaise with the master data team and IS/IT team;
• Report and proactively inform Finance about VAT cash flow position;
• Assist in and set up new flows for VAT in SAP;
• Set up and maintain the Tax Control Framework. Maintain and update work instructions and controls with respect to VAT.
The ideal candidate has a background in accounting or taxation (HBO level) and 4+ years of relevant experience in VAT compliance (especially, strong knowledge of the Dutch Law and EU jurisdiction). You have strong analytical skills, the ability to manage processes well and a strong problem-solving attitude. You are a team player who is confident in communicating with others. You have an interest in the continuous improvement of processes and are eager to develop. Experience with VAT Automation, VAT Compliance and SAP is considered a plus. Furthermore, you have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution. Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-paced, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences to make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary, travel allowance and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now”. In case you are invited to the selection process you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process. To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Giorgia Calabria, Talent Manager Finance Benelux, Giorgia.firstname.lastname@example.org
* All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.