About the Job:
Responsible for managing the relationships between Danone North America and our Farmer Partners , ensuring compliance to the National Organic Program (for Organic Dairies), animal welfare, economic, quality, and Danone Sustainable Agriculture (DSA) standards. Fostering collaboration within our farmer's network and spearheading projects aligned with our B-Corp commitments.
The Sr. Manager will also lead transversal projects to ensure the proper execution of our milk mission of "transforming the Dairy industry, one seed, one cow, one community at a time".
This position can be based in Utah, Idaho, or California (Fresno/San Fransisco area).
Additionally, you will:
• Act as a company ambassador in the field while working with producers, farming agencies/organizations and organic certification agencies
• Serve as primary point of contact for producers acting as a liaison with involved parties to ensure clear communication and quick resolution of any concerns or inquiries
• Ensure compliance of animal welfare, sustainability, worker health and safety, and organic compliance as applicable.
• Develop/follow/implement and monitor productivity or efficiency project with producers
• Create pipeline of potential suppliers aligned with Danone North America vision and mission.
• In partnership with the Milk Quality Manager, follow-up on quality and animal welfare audits
• Ensure all certificates are in place (Organic Certification, nonGMO, Validus, IMS, Insurance, etc)
• Lead implementation and overall management of the Danone Sustainable Agriculture (DSA) program
• Contribute to the overall West milk supply strategy as an active participant on the internal milk sourcing team
The base compensation range for this position is $105,000-125,000. North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
• Minimum BS in related field (animal science, agronomy, dairy nutrition, etc.)
• Minimum 7 years work experience in CPG company or related dairy experience
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Direct experience working on or operating dairy farm preferred
• Strong project management and project leadership skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally both in corporate and agricultural environment
• Strong networking skills and credibility among peers
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf