About the job
Danone Research builds bridges between science and food. Our Research and Innovation (R&I) centres in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and Paris – Saclay (France), span the worlds of our early life and medical nutritions, waters, dairy & plant based categories.
They are global hubs dedicated not only to the innovation of new products, but also the on-going improvement of our existing range.
The Advanced Technology department in R&I aims at creating breakthrough ownable and differentiated superior solutions for future products, processes, ingredients and packaging (horizons H2/H3). This to respond to consumer needs and patients with an integrated one planet-one health approach, leveraging inside and outside capabilities.
Danone is recruiting its R&I Advanced Technology Process Sr Director !
(role could be located in Utrecht or Paris Saclay)
The R&I Advanced Technology Process Senior Director is in charge of:
- Creating breakthrough technologies to support differentiated innovation enabling competitive advantage
- Creating sustainable and more natural process, especially in the field One Planet
- Partnering with external ecosystem in order to find faster and better solutions
- Documenting discoveries, translating them into training and deploying in zone team
Your main responsibilities:
Reporting to the Global VP R&I Product & Technology, you will:
- Co-Build (with main stakeholders) a compelling global vision/strategy for Danone around Technologies & Processes with required H2/H3 pipelines delivery of Engines & Solutions
- Define and build competitive edge: define & lead the H2/H3 process strategy to ensure the knowledge for product functionality and processability for competitive edge
- Develop OI mindset and scout for solutions outside
- Transform the strategy into operational objectives
- Transform your organization in line with strategy: you will build and maintain connection with several teams, functions and levels as well as different locations.
- Dare to challenge and drive for transformation
- Promote inside/outside collaboration mindset through animation of internal & external networks : influence & align with R&I zones, Directors/VPs on technologic innovation pipeline needs, create & nurture connections with external networks on emerging trends (academics, suppliers, industrial associations ….)
- Set up & guarantee governance with Operations & Procurement on strategic disruptive technology bets & choices
- Empower & develop teams
- Strong Scientific background
- +15y experience with a scientific approach and passion to technology/engineering development in FMCG, Consumer Goods companies. An experience in Manufacturing is a real advantage.
- Extensive management experience & passion to develop teams
- Open mindset
- Team player
- Ability to communicate, convince & engage high level and complex network of senior stakeholders
- Ability to implement a strategic /business vision
- Impact demonstrated on business results or creation of value on brands, category, size and complexity of projects
- Decision-making ability
- Helicopter view
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.