About the job
Danone MENA is looking for a highly dynamic Consumer Brand Manager - Aptamil for its Specialized Nutrition Business in the Middle East and North Africa region to be based in Cairo, Egypt.
About The Role :
1- Business Context:
• Development and implementation of the Aptamil marketing strategy and plans to support the CBU's short- and long-term commercial objectives.
• Understanding the drivers and barriers of the managed portfolio performance by continuously deep diving into market-by-market performance, learnings, and needs.
• A ctively driving the excellent execution of the agreed support plan & recommending amendments market by market based on local needs.
• Supporting the business in building all innovative projects and supporting driving them with cross-functional teams
• Business size: USD 150M
• Key role in ensuring excellence of 360 execution, working closely with internal (trade marketing, account management, supply chain, medical, finance) and external partners.
• Ability to understand key drivers of portfolio performance short & long-term.
• Annual plan, but constantly revisiting to drive business performance.
• Need to enroll and align multiple partners to ensure ability to deliver excellent execution on time & on budget.
• Targeting increasingly digital native consumer
2- Key Challenges:
• Active role in ensuring that the brand agenda is understood and executed across functions/channels/teams.
• Support in identifying the regional/local needs and consumer insights by markets, and support in translating that into business objectives and KPIs.
• Support in de-averaging country-specific opportunities & translate them into actionable plans.
• Continuously increasing the effectiveness of A&P investments while further driving ROI efficiencies in different dynamics
3- Key Accountabilities
A- Building Short-long-term Brand Strategy:
• Support in developing the Regional and Local strategy of the Aptamil.
• Delivering necessary consumer, competition & trade understanding, concept development, product introductions and media & communication plans to the cross-functional teams in the markets.
• Support in driving alignment with overall brand strategy and plans of consumer, medical & trade marketing teams to achieve portfolio KPIs.
Building Integrated Communication Planning for All Markets:
• Support in building the local campaign strategies across ME and direct team to deliver 360-degree activations (with digital at heart)
• Define clear objectives, KPI's and manage delivery of all brand marketing plans/activities to achieve the agreed upon KPIs, based on market-by-market local insights and market dynamics.
• Ensure agreed plan execution in most appropriate channels on time & on budget market by market and based on localized insights.
• Manage the digital elements of the marketing mix for Aptamil brand, to increase early reach and engagement, with an immediate special focus on:
• Defining & managing the strategic role of the different digital channels (social, mobile, online, e-commerce) within the overall communication/ engagement plans, based on understanding the digital media consumption habits / content lookup landscape of our target moms in the ME.
• Leading the online journey experience on the managed portfolio by developing relevant content and tools that help increase relevancy for early connection with moms.
Driving Strategic Innovation Pipeline:
• Deep dive in gathering local insights and analysing market trends and identifying business opportunities, anticipating to consumer needs.
• Ensure timely execution of new launches.
B- Driving Sustainable Brand Growth:
• Monitor & report monthly country performance while continuously flagging risks and opportunities market by markets across all KPIs metrics.
• In-depth analysis and reporting of SKU level performance and drivers and barriers and in-depth understanding of consumer, HCP, and trade programs.
• Continually monitor the performance of key communication channels: ATL & BTL media, web, eCRM, online & inserts. Recommend plan modifications to optimize performance against objectives.
• Manage Portfolio A&P expenditure vs forecast on a monthly basis, while monitoring ROI efficiencies continuously
• Continuously monitor competitor activity by market to flag to senior management any risks or opportunities that come with all external activities (Pricing, Positioning, Promotions, Distribution, Messaging, etc
To be successful in the role you should ideally have:
Education & professional experience:
• Bachelor in Business MArketing or Equivalent
• 3-5 years' experience as Consumer Brand Manager in baby nutrition or FMCG categories
• Experience in Consumer Health category
• Experience in FMCG is a must
• Experience of reaching consumers via digital channels
• Basic understanding of medical marketing is a plus.
• Fluent in English and Arabic, French is a plus.
• Strong thinking and analytic skills
• Excellent presentation skills - written, verbal, and presentation.
• Project leadership (in a cross-functional environment)
• Strong communicator
• Team player
• Cultural savvy and sensitivity.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, full of curiosity and desire to learn.
• Good understanding of brands and ability to understand consumers, highly numerate and able to work with people at all levels of an organization.
• Entrepreneurial: Recognizes and seizes business opportunities
• Consumer orientation: enabling the business to serve the consumer.
Candidates should be open to move within the region or outside the region with Danone in 3-4 years if such an opportunity will arise which will contribute to his/her career growth.
Danone is a world-leading food company operating in three business divisions: Fresh Dairy Products, Specialized Nutrition, and Waters.
Danone’s mission is Bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have in impacting the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Working in Danone MENA is one of the best places to build a strong career through everyday learning, empowerment, and team collaboration in an open culture & environment. Our culture fosters autonomy and empowerment, where your everyday can be a fresh adventure - full of new possibilities and opportunities for your development.
Danone MENA doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where all hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We recruit, employ, train, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, age, genetic characteristic, or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect
So, if you are the Consumer Brand Manager - Aptamil we are looking for, click on "apply" now before the closing date on September 13th.
For more information about Danone, its people, and its business, please visit www.danone.com