About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Continuous Improvement (TPM) Manager based in Mount Crawford, VA! The Continuous Improvement Manager, reporting to the Plant Director, will lead the continuous improvement team and the continuous improvement program for the site. The CI Manager will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement and driving operational excellence to all areas of the site. This includes defining the CI strategy for the site in execution of Danone’s TPM program (DaMaWay), coaching site leaders in execution of CI programs, and being a hands-on servant leader to enable change management in the plant. The CI Manager must be a change catalyst with strong communication and time management skills and an ability to quickly flow between strategic thinking and tactical coaching and execution.
Additional duties you will have,
- Owns and manages the overall CI Program in the site ensuring effectiveness of change management, adoption of systems and culture, integration across pillars and functions, and delivery of all result areas
- Acts as an internal partner for the site to lead, define, develop, and coach continuous improvement activities to drive improvement in all result areas and KPI’s
- Is a partner, coach, and mentor to site pillar leaders and teams in EHS, Quality, Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, Organization, and Education & Training
- Owns and manages the Focused Improvement Pillar in the site defining the problem-solving capability, tools, and strategy across the site as well as coaching the execution and implementing countermeasures and driving action plans to resolution
- Supports and at times leads problem-solving efforts to improve safety, quality, and eliminate waste/cost at the local level
- Identifies key opportunities for process improvement and partners with process owners to lead activities to deliver sustainable and repeatable change and improve business results
- Develops and prepares metrics and reports to drive action and change through the CI program
- Conducts regular and periodic audits and health checks of the Site CI Program and each pillar
- Facilitates the development of action plans to variances as identified through the audit process
- Coaches and facilitates the site strategic planning process in collaboration with the site leadership team and ensures consistent adherence to the process including monthly scorecard reporting and gap analysis
- Identifies and leverages best practices across the plant and shares broadly across the network CI team to improve standards and guidelines for company TPM implementation
- Manage the site productivity process and pipeline to deliver savings vs. commitment
- Coach and mentor site resources – CI engineers and Operational Excellence leaders - in CI activities
Education and Experience:
- Minimum four-year degree in or related operations / process improvement experience
- Minimum of 5 years working experience working in manufacturing or other related industry in operations or continuous improvement
- TPM experience and knowledge and practical application of AM, PM, FI, Education & Training systems and tools
- Experience leading problem solving and process improvement efforts required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CI / Lean / TPM tools
- Knowledge of principles and methods for process improvement
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Lean, TPM, or Six Sigma certification a plus
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.