About the job
The Customer Service Representative ("CSR") receives incoming sales orders via telephone, fax, e-mail, and mail. The CSR's primary responsibilities are to process orders, and to respond to general customer inquiries, invoice questions, and customer complaints. This role projects a professional company image through verbal and written customer interaction.
1. Order entry and customer maintenance
• Accurately processes customer sales orders into company the ERP or legacy systems.
• Set up and maintain customer master data for both existing and new customers.
• Follow up on customer sales orders as appropriate, including shipping/delivery verifications, payment issues, etc.
• Process credit card orders.
• Process returns and issues return authorization numbers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments and credits as required.
• Process necessary OS&D adjustments in accordance with Nutricia North America's policies and procedures.
• Process orders reconciliation at the end of each day.
2. Customer Communication
• Greet customers warmly and quickly ascertain problem or reason for calling.
• Provide professional customer service to primary category as a specialist and answer calls/inquiries from all categories as a generalist.
• Maintain product knowledge on all categories.
• Answer phones and respond to customer written requests.
• Provide customers with product pricing and ordering information.
• Advise customers of Nutricia North America's policies regarding orders and returns.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of customer information and interactions in the appropriate system(s), noting follow up required when appropriate.
• Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
• Recognize documents and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
• Liaise with both warehousing and transportation 3rd party providers to inquire on order statuses.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
• Escalate customer calls to Lead CSR or Customer Experience Manager if unable to reach resolution.
• Seek feedback from customers via surveys and email requests related to RMAs or complaints.
3. Additional responsibilities:
• Provide credit applications to customers as requested via mail, fax or email.
• Track and provide Proof of Delivery for shipments as requested.
• Research and respond to all shipping complaints in an efficient and courteous manner.
• Work closely with Customer Experience Manager and other coworkers on customer matters.
• Assist in providing training for temporary or new hires as needed.
• Recommend process improvements.
• Work together to accomplish results as a team as needed and offering support as necessary.
• Work with Customer Experience Manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered to all internal and external clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
The base compensation range for this position is $18-25 per hour commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, Internet Explorer.
• Proficiency in operating standard office equipment to include fax, copier, etc.
• General knowledge of warehouse and transportation operations.
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish/French Canadian) is a plus.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family as well as medical nutrition brands such as Neocate. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Please note that employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.