About the job
Welcome to the danone revolution!
Danone is the leading North-American brand in the yogurt and beverage sectors. Danone’s aim is to produce healthy products that create economic and social value and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Our wide-ranging portfolios enable us to better serve consumers’ diverse preferences in high-growth and evolving categories. We’re creating an Alimentation Revolution and it means we aim to nourish people, communities and the world. We are changing the way we make many of our flagship-brand foods and beverages by using fewer and more natural ingredients and incorporating more non-GMO ingredients. We’re also committed to sustainable ingredient sourcing, water conservation, waste reduction, animal welfare and community engagement.
We are seeking to fill a Demand Planner position for a category. The main duties will be to ensure that demand aligns accurately with objectives by relying on the continuous use and improvement of existing tools and procedures and collaborating with Sales, Marketing and the rest of Supply Chain.
- Actively participate in S&OP processes
- Participate in the volume forecast annual review
- Align with the business team to translate promotional volume into volume to be shipped
- Work closely with the Customer Solutions team to increase demand visibility and ensure key information is shared with the production planning team
- Work together with the production planning group to ensure alignment of forecasts and risks / potential operational impacts
- Consolidate forecasts in order to give leadership teams an overview
- Conduct analyses to determine upcoming demand
- Supervise and ensure consistency of forecasts for customers, products and distribution centers
- Understand the impacts of seasonal trends on all business segments and adjust forecasts for the new product category
- Collect useful past information and actively participate in predicting volume in relation to new product launches and the discontinuation of other products
- Measure and improve the reliability of forecasts to contribute to key supply-chain performance indicators
- Prepare ad hoc reports to improve forecasts and the ability of external actors to understand variances
- Develop consumption-based forecast models for different company segments
- Document and communicate risks and opportunities related to the plan/forecasts
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Toronto, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. From year to year, Danone is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for its forward-thinking work environment and was awarded the Parity Certification Women in Governance for our commitment towards gender equality in the workplace. We have 500+ employees across Canada that are engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com.
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.
Here are some of the reasons why you should join our team:
Named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the 4th year in a row! Certified B Corporation®.
Vacation & Personal Time Off: Danone’s innovative and flexible vacation policy, lets you take as much paid time off as you need. Summer schedule and no-meeting Friday afternoons.
Benefits & Compensation: annual salary review and year-end bonuses at all levels. Core Health plan paid 100% with no waiting period. Flexible credits for health expense reimbursement, wellness account, health spending account or RRSP. Matching group retirement savings plan. Parental leave benefit for primary caregiving parent and second caregiving parent. Employee assistance program and telemedicine service.
Work Environment: a flexible hybrid model that lets employees work with their managers to design a work model that best suits their needs. Onsite workplace features (flexible and collaborative working spaces, fresh fruits, yogurts, and plant-based products), onsite gym and fitness classes.
Work Atmosphere: casual dress code, concierge services available throughout the year, employee sports teams, social committee, departmental-led events.
Training & Skills Development encourages ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house and online training initiatives, mentoring and leadership development programs.
Community Involvement: founding partner of Breakfast Club of Canada and has worked alongside the organization for 25 years, helping kids develop their potential by giving them regular access to a nutritious breakfast in a comfortable environment.