About the job
Danone Research builds bridges between science and food. Our Research and Innovation (R&I) centers in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and Paris – Saclay (France), span the worlds of our early life and medical nutrition, waters, dairy & plant-based categories.
Nutricia Research Centre for Specialized Nutrition, located in the Utrecht Science Park in the Netherlands, is a state-of-the-art Life Science innovation center for the development of new product concepts for Specialized Nutrition. We create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients.
The Specialized Nutrition R&I department aims at designing and developing ownable and differentiated superior solutions for the Specialized Nutrition. This is to respond to consumer and patient needs with an integrated one planet – one health approach, leveraging inside and outside capabilities
We are currently recruiting for the R&I Adult & Healthy Ageing Director (W/M) based in Utrecht (NL) !
About the job
As the R&I Adult & Healthy Ageing Director you will be responsible for the delivery of innovation from design to implementation for 2 complex categories Adult medical nutrition (FSMP Food for Special Medication Purposes) and Healthy Ageing (FMCG Fast-Moving Consumer Goods), with Healthy Ageing being one of Danone’s main growth spaces in the next years.
You will lead and inspire a team of experts focusing on product design and development
You will report to the R&I Senior Director for Liquid & Healthy Aging dedicated to our Specialized Nutrition category.
Your main responsibilities:
In this role you will:
- Co-design the Adult & Healthy Ageing innovation strategies
- Co-build the consumer / patient centric Innovation pipelines for Specialized Nutrition together with the cross-functional Healthy Ageing & Adult categories..
- Co-build the business exploration pipelines for Specialized Nutrition together with the cross-functional Healthy Ageing & Adult categories.
- Translate business strategies into actionable and clear R&I plans and monitor KPIs
- Deliver Inno pipelines ensuring business proximity, consumer-centricity with the solid understanding of FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) & FSMP (Food for Special Medication Purposes) regulatory space.
- Develop and Nurture R&I assets to deliver ambition: Develop and leverage internal assets and build and leverage an ecosystem of external expertise to deliver the Inno pipelines and inspire new opportunities to boost inno pipeline for both categories.
- Gather Local Needs through CBUs interaction to feed upstream R&I pipeline and identify assets for further development.
- Input the Advanced Techno / Science teams on specific needs related to your category to define breakthrough technologies and future ingredients
- Lead and inspire a team of 13 experts and leaders and foster the team connection for a newly created team.
- Successfully manage acceleration budget to deliver (develop) a global innovation portfolio for this scope.
- Evaluate and foster solutions with a multi-dimensional impact on people, operational aspect, and financial.
- Masters Degree or higher like PHD in science/technology/nutrition
- Strong R&I/Scientific background, ideal at least 2 years in FSMP/medical and FMCG (innovation experience)
- Passion and Proven successful experience to build teams and develop team members
- Open & entrepreneur mindset
- Business acumen
- Team player
- Ability to communicate, convince & engage high level and complex network of senior stakeholders up to C level
- Ability to and proven record of successful implementation of a strategic /business vision
- Impact demonstrated on business results or creation of value on brands, category, size and complexity of projects
- Decision-making ability VUCA environment
- Helicopter view
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.