About the job
At Danone Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist based in our Mount Crawford, VA manufacturing facility. As an EHS Specialist you will work closely with the plant team to support the EHS management system and compliance at a plant level and help drive a strong safety culture and EHS performance improvement and efficiency.
Additionally, you will:
- Research safety and environmental regulations and provide support for compliance
- Facilitate EHS compliance and management system inspections
- Supports the EHS Manager in the development of policies, programs and work instructions based on regulatory and internal requirements
- Coach plant personnel on EHS management system practices
- Manage data collection and analysis of EHS metrics and reports including injury and illness, air, waste, energy, and water data
- Serve as the plant administrator of EHS Exchange and other data management systems
- Maintain records to support compliance with government permits and reporting
- Participate or lead EHS projects to support energy conservation, best practices, continuous improvement
- Lead the safety committee
- Conduct and mentor employees in behavior-based safety observations
- Assist with emergency response & evacuation planning
- Participate in job safety analysis and risk assessment
- Create and deliver EHS training
- Assist with management of EHS record keeping
- Lead creation and deployment of site level EHS communications
- Report Workers Compensation claims
- Collaborate with plant leadership relative to light duty opportunities and/or modified work, if available
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or similar field, preferably.
- You will have 3-5 years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment, required.
- Strong manufacturing safety experience
- You have a proven track record of injury reduction along with experience improving EHS culture
- You have knowledge of federal and state safety and environmental law, required
- You have ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the plant and experience managing multiple priorities and initiatives simultaneously
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf