About the job
Are you eager to find out the day-to-day challenges of a buyer in a multinational corporation? Do you want to deep dive into one of the essential resources of Danone in an international and cross-functional environment? Apply now and join us as our next Global Procurement Intern within the Primary Packaging Plastic team at our office in Hoofddorp,NL, starting in August & September 2023
You will be a valuable asset of the Global Procurement Packaging team, and will support buyers with day-to-day business, within the category of Plastic Packaging. We offer you a great opportunity to look into one of the essential resources of Danone, to collaborate in a multicultural environment and to be a key part of the implementation of sourcing strategies. You will be fully involved and have real responsibilities within business processes, supplier performance's evaluation in the manufacturing facilities, tracking implementation of corporate contracts, and generating and supporting productivity and optimization projects.
Your main tasks will be:
Spend Data & Analysis, databases update:
• Lead/support the process of data files update: Business Contingency Plan (BCP), Plastic Score Card update, performance tool, outages status, etc for Primary Plastic Categories
• Consolidate and maintain a productivity database for regional projects.
Supplier Contract Management
• Update supplier price list based on existing commercial agreements
• Lead monthly raw materials allocations by suppliers
• support Danone cbu in pricing estimate (Price IT) for project business case elaboration
• unlock blocked invoices
Efficiency Projects & Pack Transformation:
• Monitor and track efficiency projects (duplications, reformulation....)
• Contribute to make or buy analysis
• Connect with cbus and collect data, run analysis on performance, identify opportunities
• Report and communicate results to buyers and Management
• Participate to supplier negotiations
• Contribute to COGS analysis for Pack Transformation assessment
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to further develop your project management skills by engaging in various projects that meet the current needs of the team, and you will be encouraged to share your own ideas and bring them to life.
You are a Bachelor's/Master's student in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Procurement, Industrial Engineering or another related field. You are highly motivated and proactive. You have strong communication skills and like being in touch with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally. You are a self-starter, curious, and you are not afraid to share your opinion or ask questions when needed. You have proficient knowledge of Excel that can be used for efficient data analysis, and analytical skills to transform data into useful insights. Also, you are eager to learn and thrive in a dynamic environment that continuously challenges you.
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- Enrolled as a Bachelor or Master student during the whole internship period (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- Ideally available to start in August (preferred) or September 2023 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English - spoken and written;
- You are able to work from Hoofddorp, NL
*Please note that you are expected to relocate to the Netherlands (if abroad) for this internship and get a BSN.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
By joining this new team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly multinational environment where you will meet inspiring people every day! In this team you will get the chance to learn about the process of planning from beginning to end. You will have full exposure and communication with the different stakeholders involved in this process. On top of this, you will get the chance to take the initiative to implement, manage and improve your own project. During this internship, you will be closely supervised by Jacopo Merlini.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance 650 euros per month and a home working allowance/contribution towards travel. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
* Please be aware that you must acquire a BSN number to receive the full internship allowance.
In the Netherlands we also offer a hybrid working environment which enables each team to meet our people's desire for flexibility. Across our 3 office hubs in Hoofddorp, Zoetermeer and Utrecht this helps us create better opportunities for connection & synergies across our entities, teams, functions and categories.
Hit the “apply now” button.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Larissa Araujo Ribeiro - Campus Talent Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status