About the job
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Manager in Bridgeton, NJ. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintenance management at the food manufacturing plant with a focus on maintenance and machine reliability.
- Manages site maintenance team.
- Provides positive role model for all plant personnel in the area of safety, quality and productivity
- Provides guidance, instruction and mentoring for the maintenance staff.
- Provides periodic feedback to employees in the areas of job knowledge, performance and development. Provides training where needed to improve employee skill sets critical to the success of the business.
- Manages employee overtime and equipment reliability to achieve lowest maintenance costs for the plant.
- Responsible for resolving maintenance employee relations issues.
- Directs maintenance prioritization, planning and execution for the site.
- Prepares facility maintenance and maintenance projects between contractors and maintenance.
- Manages maintenance schedulers in scheduling of work, developing and setting objectives, monitoring of progress, and the evaluation of results.
- Analyse problems and/or trends in plant maintenance and recommends appropriate resolutions to minimize production downtime for all areas of the plant.
- Staffs and directs staff activities to provide quality, cost-effective support for all electrical, mechanical, information, and process control systems while assuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Evaluates major sources of machine downtime and creates action plans to improve machine efficiency and reliability.
- Communicates with the operating departments to maintain system awareness and identify opportunities and provide technical expertise for optimization of the process control systems.
- Coordinates corporate technology strategies with the information systems shared services group.
- Optimizes plant energy usage.
- Plans scheduled downtimes, shutdowns and maintenance projects.
- Manages the execution of major construction and maintenance projects.
- Leads the safety effort for the maintenance team.
- Identifies safety issues that may arise due to equipment modification.
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment conducive to safe work habits, encourages employee accountability.
- Ensures the plant is compliant with local state and federal rules in the area of maintenance equipment
- You will have a Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- You will have at least 8-10 year experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred. Prior experience in food/beverage industry highly preferred with experience in maintenance, engineering, project management and/or production management. Minimum of five years people management experience
- You will have experience in mechanical and/or systems related technical training or equivalent experience.
- You have functional understanding of predictive and preventive maintenance program, work order systems and world-class maintenance systems is desired.
- You have previous experience using a Computer Maintenance Management system (CMMS) preferred.
- You have analytical troubleshooting skills.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You have Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Timekeeping software, PM management software
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.