About the job
Our Corporate Communications team is critical to the articulation of our “One Planet. One Health” vision, and the activation of our corporate mission and purpose both within and outside of Danone, through media storytelling and our social and digital presence. We are currently looking to hire a Manager, External Communications and Digital / Social Media in White Plains, NY!
This position will work cross-functionally, sitting on the Corporate Communications team. The candidate will identify and manage external media opportunities on behalf of our corporate brand, as well as build and execute strategic content for the Danone North America corporate social channels in the U.S. The role will work closely with, and report to, the Director of Corporate Communications.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong self-starter characteristics, the ability to creatively problem-solve, and collaborate across the communications team (corporate and brand communications) and across multiple functions. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, excels in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
In this role, you will focus on the following key areas :
- Work with the Director, Corporate Communications to develop and execute the corporate PR and social/digital strategy, with a focus on external stakeholders and in service of amplifying the Corporate brand.
- Oversee corporate social and digital strategy and day-to-day operations for the corporate website and brand’s social media channels — primarily LinkedIn – including:
- Develop and manage editorial calendar working with brand and corporate communications, internal communications, community, marketing, supply, and people teams, focusing on corporate storytelling and reputation building.
- Work directly with key executives on their LI strategy and content.
- Partner with the Creative Director and Corporate Communications Specialist to develop compelling stories, from copy to creative design.
- Oversee basic community management.
- Report on communication metrics and feedback to make recommendations to improve use of communications channels.
- Own and update social/digital guidelines for employees and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment with the global team.
- Liaise with global digital team to ensure alignment and cross promotion, where applicable.
- Oversee maintenance of our Danone North America website and manage website updates to align with broader social / digital storytelling strategy.
- Advise and support our business teams with external news announcements and media engagement, as needed, ensuring that strategy and messaging is aligned with our overarching company narrative and growth agenda, including:
- Leverage brand (e.g., Superbowl activations) and corporate (e.g., announcements of investments or partnerships) moments to creatively tell the Danone story and target our key audiences.
- Partner with our VP, Comms and Director, Corporate Comms to support key senior leaders with their external positioning, including media interviews and external speaking opportunities (keynotes, panels etc.)
- Develop and pitch proactive stories, in partnership with our agency teams, to bring our corporate and sustainability stories to life externally.
- Support the team with media relations as needed for our company.
- Keep a pulse on the business by monitoring and developing daily news clips digest.
- Support the Director, Corporate Communications, as needed to manage issues and promote and protect the reputation of our company, including:
- Provide strategic counsel regarding social / digital engagement to the business, as needed.
- Identify reputational risks resulting from earned and social media and develop action plan to mitigate any issues.
- Serve as key social media contact point during real-time events or crises.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Employee Communications to ensure consistency in our external and internal communications, and to find synergies between the two, as appropriate.
- Lead on piloting special projects, as determined, such as exploring uses for AI in our Comms function and workstreams.
• You will have a Bachelor’s degree required with preference for degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing Communication or a related field
• You will have at least 5 years of experience in corporate communications, PR and/or digital or social media (either in-house or agency setting)
• You will be organized and motivated; have superior attention to detail and time management, with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
• You will have strong written and verbal communications skills; proficiency with digital; excellent editorial skills; understands how to develop and direct key messages to different audiences
• You will have the ability to create attractive, understandable and pithy presentations
• You will be poised and professional with the ability/comfort to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels and build cross-functional relationships; able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive and/or material information
• You will be comfortable with technology, including, but not limited to: internal and external social media channels, social monitoring tools including Sprout Social, Cision, etc., Adobe Experience Manager, Canva, MS Office, file sharing and collaboration tools
• You will exhibit demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in a fast-past, highly dynamic business environment with competing priorities; comfortable with ambiguity
• You have the flexibility to work hours that meet the demands of the position; ability to make quick decisions and work under strict deadlines
• You are passionate about food and sustainability with a strong desire to make a meaningful impact through external communications strategies
The base compensation range for this position is $113k-130k commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf