About the job
Manager, Upstream Milk
Danone North America is building a stand-alone structure for our Premium Organic Dairy business operations (PD+). The following role is intended to support that business as a ground floor opportunity supporting these exciting brands in a new context. This is a unique opportunity to join an outstanding business, with the iconic Horizon Organic brand and the innovative Wallaby yogurt brand, a distinctive premium, organic portfolio with a long-lasting strong commitment to sustainability across its value chain.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to hire a Manager, Upstream Milk! This is a unique role that combines scheduling, procurement and systems optimization of commodities (Cream and Skim) deliveries to processing facilities in quantities and timeframes that fulfill demand plans and customer requirements. Manage communications with suppliers as needed. Source and arrange alternate plants to take surplus or rejected supply at the highest milk price and lowest hauling cost. Procure additional to fill plant orders.
This is a hybrid position with an expectation of 3 days per week onsite in Broomfield, CO.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Perform goods receipts reconciliation
- Create and enter purchase orders into appropriate systems
- Balance hauler statements with haulers
- Maintain professional business relationships with dairy industry network, as well as internal stakeholders
- Manage commodity scheduling both internal and external plants
- Provide phone coverage to handle assorted and various issues related to route assembly, delivery, unloading, load quality and load integrity
This Position falls under Danone’s strategic portfolio review, which includes the potential sale of the Horizon Organic and Wallaby brands. An employee who accepts this role agrees to transition to a new employer in the event of a sale.
The base compensation range for this position is $70,000 to $105,000/year commensurate with experience. There is also an exciting Success Bonus opportunity related to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in logistics or supply chain
- Advanced Excel Skills, experience with SAP or other ERP systems and experience with transportation planning software
- Available 24/7 to field phone calls from haulers, plants or regulatory agencies and provide direction to appropriate entity on disposition and destination of loads. Includes weekends and holidays