About the job
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Manufacturing Intern in Minster, Ohio.
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Intern is to support the initiatives and KPIs of the plant by implementing and applying key objective learnings during your area analysis. The Manufacturing Intern will help the Minster facility streamline their process by reducing waste and increasing line uptime. This will be done by studying/observing a single line and applying those key learnings to similar processes throughout the plant for optimization. A key component to this role is to understand Danone’s food safety GMPs and instilling quality in our product by applying Danone’s SQCDM practices throughout each process. The Manufacturing Intern reports to the Senior Packaging and Processing Managers.
Other responsibilities require the ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs., stamina and endurance (e.g., standing, sitting, walking, etc.) for long hours, and the availability to be on-call & work flexible hours (e.g., late nights, weekends, off shift).
Specific Job Duties & Tasks:
- Conduct (sometimes lead) research, analysis, and improvement projects related to department goals
- Actively engage the current workforce, through job shadowing as an example, to effectively achieve project and department goals
- Present project findings and solution proposals to peers and plant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program in any engineering discipline, including Industrial, chemical, and electrical, or in business management or food science.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Exceptional written communication skills including ability to write reports
- Ability to communicate verbally one on one and in front of teams
- Able to work independently as well as in a team in order to achieve results effectively
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision. Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm, and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to read and interpret technical instructions and drawings
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facility. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.