About the job
ABOUT THE JOB
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant team. We have an opening for a night shift Flow (Warehouse) Supervisor in our West Jordan, Utah facility. In this role you will be responsible for the operational performance of the assigned shift, manage employees, and provide ownership for the area by driving improvements and efficiencies in the assigned area. You will provide leadership, direction and development for operators in the area, and deliver on SQCDMN goals and objectives through individual and team efforts. You will also be the shift expert on WMS, AS/RS Software, and RF/scan gun functionality. Additionally, you will:
- Study manufacturing production and shipping schedules, identify gaps and risks while collaborating with the manager and peers to balance work schedule.
- Lead shipping and receiving, truck scheduling, dock scheduling, labor assignment, and customer and intercompany shipping activities on shift.
- Manage priority loads as assigned by deployment team with carrier inbound appointments through effective communication between transportation, deployment and customer service teams
- Verify and Maintain proper inventory accuracy, including cycle counts in AS/RS, to meet Deployment and Customer Service needs.
- Develop root cause analysis using 5-Why, Fishbone diagram, etc. to re-align operational performance with goals and objectives
- Support the maintenance and continual improvement of all Company Standard programs related to Food Safety, Quality, Compliance, Employee Safety (ISO, AIB, WISE, HACCP) and other duties as assigned.
- Administer discipline as required for job performance, attendance or any other non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit contract violations.
- Promote a positive team atmosphere and champion involvement of all employees.
- Ensure sound communication systems are in place so all employees are aware and can participate in continuous improvement of the operation; perform daily shift meetings, and help facilitate Business Unit meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned
- You will have a high school diploma or GED, required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- You will have at least 3-5 years' experience in warehouse/shipping management within a manufacturing environment. Prior experience with inventory management and inventory control is strongly preferred.
- You have demonstrated ability to train and manage a warehouse staff, and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints and manage in a dynamic team environment.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. #LI-NORAM