About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for an Operational Excellence Leader based in our Salt Lake City, Utah beverage manufacturing facility. In this role you will be responsible for performing the routine loss analysis and building capability within the organization to eliminate that loss. You will conduct analysis and implement improvements for all work processes to eliminate Non-Value-Added Activity. Execute and/or facilitate improvements through proven CI / Lean / TPM tools. Must be a change catalyst with strong communication and time management skills. Most importantly, be a team player! This role will be a critical member of the Operations Team, focused on driving continuous improvement in the facility.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure the safety of our people and our products always
- Attend and support all line meetings as part of the daily direction setting process
- Work with BU Leader and Maintenance Leader in the development and execution of the Plan for the Day and loss elimination
- Owns Centerline Management system for the owned areas. Routinely coaches operators and mechanics on the execution and adherence to this system. Leads process definition to identify Centerline targets and document standards
- Maintain up to date Centerlines targets and track/check compliance to standard
- Meet with each shift daily to review and prioritize unresolved issues
- Support off shift critical work and emergency repairs where required
- Provide trended data, ad hoc reports as requested by plant teams
- SME and development of core DMS systems including Defect Handling, CIL’s, CL’s
- Empower equipment owners and assist with the development of standards
- Develop and implement SOP’s and OPL’s
- Run and contribute to DDS Meetings
- Efficiency analysis – top losses. Management of Informance & downtime tracking. Provide feedback to operators and leads when tagging improvement is necessary. Owns integrity of OEE calculations through Informance and other line event data tracking systems
- Master trainer for processes in the plant.
- SAP reconciliation for production orders/discrepancies.
- Development of cost savings project list, cost savings calculations, and execution of projects as assigned
- Troubleshooting equipment/processes, breakdown elimination
- Ability to lead micro investigations
- Providing support to teams, direction setting, equipment hands on
- Distribute OE reporting
- Creation of DDS boards for daily huddles and 24-hour production meetings.
- SME in zoning, creation of standards and organizational systems
- AM Pillar member and AM event scheduling
- Lead new product testing and function as the primary contact for R&I.
- Product specification distribution and management
- Documentation review
- Coach DDS meetings
- Validation of new equipment
- Meet with vendors and contractors for supplies and equipment reliability
- Conducts recurring Loss Analysis and partners with Line Lead to develop short term improvement plans
- Uses Plan-Do-Check-Act thought process to analyze line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities through the Daily Direction Setting cycle
- Leads continuous improvement problem solving approach and trigger system to start the problem-solving cycle
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on safety, quality, and major losses / chronic losses as necessary
- Plans and coordinates training to others who will support the Process Improvement initiatives
- Design, drive and perform analysis of recurring transactional and effort-based work processes. Drive and track these projects to successful completion.
- Develops control strategies and troubleshooting guides to enable operators to respond to sporadic losses
- Ensures data is integrated into Daily Direction Setting process
- Conducts regular and periodic audits of daily management systems
- Provides technical direction/guidance to personnel as required.
- Networks and shares best practice with other locations internal and possibly external to the plant
- Will be a member and valued contributor to one of Danone North America Operational Excellence Pillars
- You have a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of related work experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills and fundamental skills in influencing and persuasion. You have good negotiations skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships
- You have good business acumen and good organizational and prioritization skills
- You have solid computer skills including proficiency in MS Office products including PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Excel skills. You have experience using SAP and/or TeKDAN knowledge.
- You can work in a fluid environment and are able to identify problems, draw conclusions, and make recommended solutions
- You can be self-directed with little supervision
- You can adjust schedule to support 24/7 Manufacturing Operations, which may include working overtime, graveyard shift and/or weekends/holidays as needed.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone encourages employees to vaccinate and requires that employees follow all company safety protocols, including those regarding COVID-19. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations. #LI-NORAM #LI-ONSITE