About the job
As a Process Project Engineer, you will take ownership of engineering project management for production processes at our Danone Balclutha factory, from design to execution and start-up. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of technical solutions for projects within the process engineering space.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a Fixed Term full-time position until December 2022 with potential to be extended, working Mon-Fri between 8am and 4pm with WFH option.
- Take the lead in end-to-end project management for production process modifications, from project scope/design, suppliers tendering through to installation and commissioning
- Manage technical troubleshooting & process optimisation to continuously improve on Cost, Quality & Safety
- Be responsible for process/project engineering standards development & deployment at the factory
- Implement Engineering methodology, tools & standards to improve efficiency
- Engage internal stakeholders and external suppliers across the site, ensuring effective communication, progress reporting and proper training/support
To be successful, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Process/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Good experience in Project Engineering, understanding of infant formula/dairy production processes is a plus
- Strong stakeholder engagement skill and are a confident communicator
- An organised work approach and flexibility to support the team when needed
- Resilience to work well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Do things your way. The way you work, the way you develop, the way you progress, it’s all up to you. Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as YoPro, Activia, Aptamil and Karicare, and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
Always looking to bring the outside in to continuously improve our ways of working as well as our Danoner’s day to day experience, we have been awarded Winner of the 2020 Employer of Choice awards through the NZ HRD Awards.
Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
Located in the beautiful vista of Greenfield, just 20 minutes from Balclutha in the South Otago region, Danone Nutricia NZ spray drying plant employs state of art European technology to manufacture and package high quality nutritional powders. Our farm-fresh quality NZ milk is collected, delivered and processed daily ensuring only the best for our consumers. Our operation prides itself on delivering the finest food and ingredients to help stand by the consumers of our products.
Danone is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status. If you require any assistance during the recruitment process because of a disability, please enclose details within your application.
- An opportunity in Engineering at one of Danone’s key strategic factories, with great exposure across the site and space to make a difference
- The ability to make a difference to our society through Specialised Nutrition
- Endless possibilities to develop and accelerate your career
- Free health & life insurance, Annual Bonus Scheme, flu vaccination, fresh fruit every day, Flexible Working options, 4% Kiwisaver contribution and so much more!
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
HOW TO APPLY
Opportunities like these don’t come around often so if this sounds like you – get in quick!
Apply Now via the link and we will review applications as they are submitted. Please note that only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please.