About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Production Manager based in City of Industry, CA! The position will work closely with Senior Plant Leadership to direct and manage the day to day operations of the assigned business unit. This person will manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives. This position will lead, coach and set direction for multiple line leaders and supervisors on a regular and report to the Operations Manager.
• Clear champion for a safe culture and driver towards an accident free workplace
• Provides clear leadership, coaching and direction to team in alignment with plant and Danone objectives and vision
• Creates strategic plans and actions for their business unit to ensure that the plant delivers its annual objectives
• Coaches business unit leaders in developing servant leadership standards and practices
• Champions the identification and implementation of best practices
• Recognizes and solves problems using Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
• Leader in the implementation of the Danone Continuous Improvement methodology within their business unit
• Performs routine health checks within their business unit on various daily management systems related to the daily direction setting process
• Maintains the highest standards in product quality and consumer satisfaction
• Directs and coordinates activities of business unit to promote: operational efficiency, waste reduction, cost effectiveness, and safety
• Ensures compliance in HACCP, FQP, and GMP, all of Danone SOPs, and all state and federal laws
• Champions data drive decision making and is skilled at analysis of performance information
• Responsible for business unit expense control, including labor, materials and waste
• Generates and provides reliable information to measure the performance of the business unit
• Responsible for meeting customer needs through scheduling processes which ensure that products are manufactured, loaded, and shipped
• Ensures training programs are established and meeting the needs of the business unit
• Responsible for meeting all regulatory requirement and rules
• Pillar Membership to one of the Continuous Improvement Pillars; will likely own tools and systems within that pillar.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from 4 - year college or University (preferably in an engineering discipline)
• 8-10 years' experience and/or training with at least 5 years in a supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable
• Must be familiar with how basic plant equipment functions (pumps, hydraulics, electricity, boiler, compressors, chillers, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to develop spreadsheets, understand product formulas and percentages, calculate figures, proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to read data from charts, graphs, and instruments, and find digressions.
• Strategic ability to create, design, and implement improvements to current procedures.
• Able to think quickly on their feet, especially in emergency situations.
• Can direct or participate in project management from concept to closure, including
• Able to add and complete work of other production supervisors as needed.
• Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.