About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Production Operator based in City of Industry, CA! This role is responsible for running and maintaining fillers and other related equipment within production, with quality being the major concern. Be able to effectively work in a team environment and communicate (verbal and written) with people on a professional level. Contributes to overall department production goals, maintains a clean and safe work environment.
You will be responsible for:
•Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information
•Effectively tear down, set-up, monitor, operate, changeover and clean applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items to include but not limited to OQI, weight checks, compliance with product specs, etc.
•Ensure clean and inspect standards are up to date and completed in a timely manner
•Ensure lubrication standards are up to date and completed in a timely fashion; maintain lubrication logs
•Maintain working knowledge of all value stream equipment to include all support equipment, ability to troubleshoot, tighten, make minor adjustments and repairs using basic tools
•Monitor equipment for malfunctions and defects, repairing and solving minor problems without assistance and eliminating potential threats to production through maintaining equipment.
•Communicate effectively and partner with supervisors and maintenance personnel regarding recurring problems and needs for repair
•Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns
•Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities to improve processes including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events
•Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times
•Actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to observations, inspections, and recommendations.
•Works diligently to achieve line efficiency goals
•Assist, train, and coach employees
•Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals
•Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs
•Comply with all policies and procedures
•All other duties as assigned or become evident
Education and Experience:
- You will have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 – 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- You will have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of CIP/SIP
- Knowledge of SAP
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Pasteurizer’s license (preferred)
- Forklift OSHA certification on power industrial vehicles
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf