About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Production Shift Supervisor based in Fort Worth, TX! This role is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing the Business Unit team. The primary purpose of Business Units is to ensure that products are produced in line with safety, quality and consumer requirements. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly production KPIs are met for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Mobilization, Nature and Growth. This is a complex, fast paced production setting. You will train for both shifts to understand the complexities of day and night production.
• You will train, coach, mentor, and provide feedback/recognition to employees
• You will ensure that set standards are adhered to at all times with regard to Safety and Quality
• You will lead the Business Unit by ensuring daily focus on SQCDMN (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Mobilization, Nature) visual management process to ensure goals and consumer needs are met
• You will be responsible for monitoring the performance and corrective actions for the Business Unit, ensuring that information boards are continually updated with daily, weekly and monthly information
• You will review long-term data trends and facilitate remedial activities using CI methodologies to determine root cause and restoration
• You will ensure that shift, area, and Cell corrective measures are complete for all areas within the Business Unit
• You will develop staffing/scheduling plans to ensure that bottlenecks are removed, confirm all delivery commitments are met on time and in full
• You will champion the deployment of business systems
• You will Lead / facilitate / participate in continuous improvement events
• You will communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, keeping teams updated regarding issues affecting performance and seeking guidance where needed
• You will lead the team and manage any employee relation matters, with guidance sought from HR
• You will ensure appropriate knowledge of facility and industry related regulations, support and deploy all plant initiatives such as: MOS (management operating system), TPM (total productive maintenance), Maintenance Excellence, SQF (safe quality foods), etc.
• You will maintain audit ready status
Education and Experience:
You will have a Bachelor’s degree with five to ten years related experience and/or training
You will have equivalent work experience and training will be considered in lieu of a degree
You will preferably have food processing experience
You will have a combination of education, experience or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You will have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
You will have strong leadership skills
You will have demonstrated ability to build strong, effective teams
You will have the ability to mentor and develop productive staff
You will have a basic understanding of budgeting and cost control
You will have the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
You will have the ability to multitask
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf