About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone, manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Production Shift Supervisor based in our Salt Lake City, Utah beverage manufacturing facility. In this role you will provide first-level support to front line employees in the manufacturing plant. This position is a day shift position but will provide vacation coverage for night shift supervisors.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing and mobilizing a team of hourly associates to ensure Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals are met.
- Driving accountability through strong leadership and setting consistent expectations.
- Working cross functionally with other departments within operations to ensure production requirements
- Promoting a positive team atmosphere and champion involvement of all employees.
- Regular, formal, and informal evaluations and feedback of the performance of hourly associates.
- Validation of time and attendance through daily and weekly reviews of your employee timecards utilizing the Dayforce payroll system.
- Addressing employee concerns; elevate to next level leadership as needed
- Administering discipline as required for job performance, attendance, or any other violations.
- Ensure adherence to plant standards (including but not limited to GMP, AIB, FDA, DaMaWay, Quality, Safety, Finance, ISO)
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with in-coming operators in front of daily management board(s) to discuss topics related to previous shift, SQCDMN metrics, and general plant communication
- Studying manufacturing production and shipping schedules, identify gaps and risks while collaborating with the manager and peers to balance work schedule
- Ensuring departmental compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Ensuring departmental SOPs are current and utilized by all hourly associates; will also provide necessary job specific training as warranted.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives within the department
- Improving and maintaining communicated performance standards for the department; managing with the flexibility to react as needed when breakdowns arise
- Performing root cause analysis, problem solving, and follow-up related to operational and safety incidents within the department
- Develop root cause analysis using 5-Why, Fishbone diagram, etc. to re-align operational performance with goals and objectives
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts including but not limited to AM, PM management, 5S, DMS, etc.
- Ensure sound communication systems are in place so all employees are aware and can participate in continuous improvement of the operation.
- Manage shift employees to ensure compliance to all SOP’s, QAR’s, Plant Rules, and ISO Standards, including non-conformance management.
- Responsible for the operational performance of the assigned shift
- You have a high school or GED, required. A Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, or business related field, is preferred.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing/packaging environment, required. Previous supervisory experience within a food/beverage environment is preferred. Familiarity with CIP/HAACP/FDA is also preferred.
- You have demonstrated continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing experience.
- You have excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrated planning, communication, and supervisory skills, required.
- You have availability to work any shift which could include weekends, nights, and holidays, required.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have resourcefulness and decision-making ability.
- You can work under pressure and potentially stressful conditions.
- You are self-motivated and a self-starter and able to work independently toward departmental objectives under minimal direction.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone encourages employees to vaccinate and requires that employees follow all company safety protocols, including those regarding COVID-19. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.