About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Project Engineer in our new greenfield plant in Shelbyville, Indiana. As part of the plant engineering team, you will be responsible for capital project management for the Processing, Filling and Packaging environments of the new facility. You will lead small, medium and large-scale projects to deliver the business needs using sound project management knowledge and tools, and full cooperation of the manufacturing facility. You will also be responsible for helping build the new manufacturing plant including the main building, warehousing, site development, wastewater site, processing and packaging systems. You will be involved in the project from concept proposal to budget, justification, and design phase through planning, risk analysis, resource identification, implementation, commissioning and closing. You will coordinate and direct the activities of the necessary resources to ensure the safe, timely and successful completion of projects. Full scope of duties includes project investigation and recommendation of and ensuring requirements of employee safety, food safety, energy and water conservation are met for the facility.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist in the development of a startup plan for the new facility to achieve a vertical startup of the main building utilities, all production lines including processing and packaging systems.
- Participate in and manage requisition and capital authorization requests and be accountable for project spending and providing technical and management expertise on engineering projects as assigned by the Plant Engineering Director.
- Ensure that the business needs are well validated by a cross-section of the business and translated into equipment requirements for improving or expanding the plant operations (including new product launches and innovations) and making major repairs to systems and buildings.
- Interact and establish strong professional relationships with plant teams (Packaging, Processing, Quality, Finance, Management, etc.), Corporate Engineering, Sourcing & Supplier Development, R&D, Danone Engineering Worldwide, and appropriate vendors, suppliers, contractors, operators, and auditors.
- Assist in development of a master and strategic plan for both packaging and processing departments such as layout, material handling, and utilities needed for project growth
- Deliver technical guidance and engineering support to consumer business units and act as a consultant to the maintenance department for solving technical problems.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical or related engineering field, required.
- You will have at least 5-8 years project engineering experience within a food or beverage or dairy manufacturing environment, required. Time spent in related internships will count towards experience requirement.
- You have knowledge of high speed packaging systems design and integrated automation and controls technology.
- You have knowledge of ESL or aseptic process engineering, preferred.
- You have been involved in new plant construction and startup, preferred.
- You will have project management skills and knowledge of the project management process, tools and tasks associated with preparation and execution of capital projects, financial and analytical skills.
- You will have strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and MS project
- You must have the leadership, interpersonal, communication and self-management skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel, clients and vendors, and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- You can rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- You are proactive and professional and able to take direction effectively.
- You can prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- You can lead multiple projects simultaneously, to establish and adapt to changing priorities.
- You can work flexible hours, including weekend or late shifts, during installation periods.
- You have experience with TQM, Six Sigma, and Team Building skills, preferred
- You have experience developing plans within regulatory compliance (e.g. OSHA, FDA)
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. #LI-NORAM