About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Quality Assurance Supervisor based in City of Industry! This role is responsible for managing and coordinating the regulatory and quality compliance activities at a manufacturing facility. This includes the activities associated with SQF or FSSC22000, the Food Safety Modernization Act, QMS, Non-GMO, Organic and Kosher programs at the facility. This position will assist the Quality and Food Safety Manager with all compliance related activities at the facility and function to facilitate all compliance related activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE: The Quality Assurance Supervisor will support COI manufacturing facilities and associated Warehouses.
- Follows established safety practices and performs all tasks in a safe manner while promoting a safe work environment.
- Recommends changes in established processes to increase food safety and quality.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Coordinates all systems, related to Safe Quality Food certification; Maintains facility good standing
- Develops and Delivers quality and food safety training
- Leads internal audits; Coordinates corrective action program for audits.
- Assists the QFS Manager in facility external audits and inspections.
- Serves as Food Safety team leader and Danone FSI and FSSC22000 SME ensuring facility compliance.
- Leads the annual Management Review of the QMS at the facility
- Manages and maintains compliance programs including Non-GMO, Organic, Kosher
- Maintains and reviews all food safety related recording forms.
- Provides support to QFS department for special projects.
- Stays current with key regulatory and certifying agency guidelines and regulations.
- Actively participates as member of the Food Safety and Food Quality Team
- Supervisor Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist, provide development plan and evaluate performance.
- Lead team members and provide assistance as needed. Deal with personnel issues.
- Ensure that equipment is calibrated, maintained, and functioning properly. Maintain immaculate records required under FSMA/LACF/SQF/FSSC22000 and other 3rd party audit.
- Develop, implement, verify and update Quality System and Document Control System. Ensure that activities regarding HACCP/FSHCP, GMPS, GLPs and safety are performed and documented properly.
- Hygienic Zoning SME.
- Pest Control program management.
- Maintain Regulatory Compliance. Stay current with all key regulatory and certifying agency guidelines. Work with Regulatory Personnel, Third Party Inspector during the audit. Follow-up on corrective actions related to issues found during inspections (Corporate QA, LACF, CDFA, QAIs, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Military, Kosher, SQF and FSSC 22000 Certification audit).
- Investigate and correct quality issues through collaboration with other department. Attend department meetings as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Degree: BS/BA Food Science or related field
- 3-5 years combined experience with food or ingredients and manufacturing experience
- PCQI Certification
- HACCP Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Preferred: SQF Practitioner Certification, FSSC22000 Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Team Oriented
- Organization and Analytical Skills
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
- Statistical analysis knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent record keeping / documentation skills
- Must be capable of managing business-critical functions in a calm and systematic fashion
- Proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft Office tools, laboratory instrumentation, and lab equipment. Familiar with Quality Solutions Software and LIMS is a plus
- Must be able to travel
The base compensation range for this position is $77,434K - $110,619K commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf