About the job
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Technician in Dallas.
This role will be responsible for monitoring qualitative/quantitative testing for YoCrunch Topper domes, ensuring Danone food safety and quality standards are met. This person will ensure the compliance of all applicable standards such as Safe Quality Foods (SQF), third party audits, and raw material vendors.
- Ensure processes, work in progress, incoming goods, in-process product, finished product meets specifications
- Perform post-sanitation swabs of equipment and documenting pass/fail results
- Interpret test results to release product that meets food quality specifications
- Process documentation for non-conforming product and communicate information to Supervisors
- Comply with the following initiatives: Safe Quality Foods (SQF), 5S, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Analyze & utilize data using Free Weigh/Mettler Toledo system for weighing product domes, ensuring targets meet legal requirements
- Bagging and filing product samples from food vendors and accurately recording traceable information
- Conduct routine quality checks in packaging areas ensuring food product meets customer specifications
- Communicate product deviations with operators to reduce poor quality and/or product holds
- Follow CCP procedures (X-rays, vision systems)
- Assist with the rework process and develop tools/visual reference aids to distinguish good & bad domes
- Issue and collect sanitation, changeover, cleaning, etc. checklists and store for recordkeeping
- Update and issue product specifications sheets such as weights, allergen matrices, temperature control storage, etc.
- Support development of quality SOPs and ensure QARs are followed up as it relates to materials
- Train the operational teams when needed on quality related topics such as GMP, quick hits and also support the development of quality SOP’s and OPL’, ensuring quality action reports are followed up
- Support innovation/renovation plant trials related to materials
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed on day or night shifts and possible weekends
- Must be accurate and precise in testing procedures, having a keen sense of odors and flavors
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions & decimals
- Familiar with SAP transactions to pull and input data
- Preferred knowledge of Good Manufacturing Process (GMP's)
- Effective communication and team building skills
- Follow instructions and show focused decision-making
- Must be able to lift and move up to 60 pounds
- Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of time
- Must interface regularly throughout the shift with multiple departments and levels of leadership
- (preferred) Two or more years with previous laboratory experience and 1 year in a food manufacturing environment
- Must have clear understanding of compliance to regulatory requirements with regard to food safety and public health
- Conducts other tasks/duties as assigned
- (Preferred) 1-3 years experience in a food/beverage manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.