About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are looking for a Regional Controller to lead the finance team in both the City of Industry, CA and Chatsworth, CA facilities.
This role will have a focus on raw material accounting, loss & labor analysis, inventory control, fixed asset accounting, spare parts, controllable cost control, utility tracking, and internal controls in a continuous improvement environment. Execute efficient monthly close process with rolling forecast & annual strategic plan.
Additional duties/responsibilities include:
- Input/learn/report weekly key performance indicators and insure their accuracy, understand and communicate impact of these measures to the business.
- Track operations productivity projects, execution, and financial impact.
- Quickly analyze data, identify variances and benchmark information against other locations.
- Perform/lead plant cost accounting functions with emphasis on month end close, material loss and labor variance analysis, spare parts, fixed assets and report preparation for use by Corporate HQ and local plant management
- Assists plant management and HQ in the preparation, review and analysis of plant level budgets and forecasts. Responsible for generation of plant level standard cost master data.
- Ability to find gaps in financial controls & analysis and develop effective processes, which close the respective shortfalls.
- Responsible for the liaison and administration of plant internal controls in conjunction with Plant management including cycle and physical counts of raw material, fixed asset accuracy, spare parts, etc.
- Lead external auditors regarding matters of plant operations and support local tax audits.
- Review and approve monthly reconciliations for submission to corporate consolidation.
- Ability to multi task and effectively prioritize in a Continuous Improvement manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in extracting data from SAP downloading in Excel for a clear analytical review
- Create SOPs and conduct reviews & request changes as necessary
- Establish, optimize, and maintain lean system, world-class, and continuous improvement programs
- Aid Operations to identify, document, and implement solutions for issues within the production process
- Effectively communicate with several plant departments (e.g., packaging, processing, maintenance, etc.)
- Manage purchase order process for locally procured goods & services
- Manage and assist with special projects
- Lead annual strategic business plan & rolling forecast for expenses based on forecasted volume
- Perform all other assigned tasks/duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). ERP Systems experience (SAP preferred)
- Solid interpersonal, analytical and technical skills
- The ability to communicate complex accounting information verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail, possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt and be flexible.
- Is resilient, determined and proactively anticipates business needs
The base compensation range for this position is $110,339K - $157,627K commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf