About the job
Senior Category Activation Manager, Ingredients
Danone North America is building a stand-alone structure for our Premium Organic Dairy business operations (PD+). The following role is intended to support that business as a ground floor opportunity supporting these exciting brands in a new context. This is a unique opportunity to join an outstanding business, with the iconic Horizon Organic brand and the innovative Wallaby yogurt brand, a distinctive premium, organic portfolio with a long-lasting strong commitment to sustainability across its value chain.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Category Activation Manager, Ingredients! This role is responsible for the transportation and logistics of the organic raw milk, cream, skim and NFDM into manufacturing facilities.
This is a hybrid or remote position with a preference to be based in Broomfield, CO.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ingredient and Market Management:
- Develop and maintain in-depth category knowledge for sugar, flavor, vitamin, and stabilizer markets
- Identify, manage & coordinate negotiations, ensuring cost competitiveness at all times
- Develop, present, and gain alignment from senior leaders on key commodity purchasing recommendations
- Build, launch, and execute regional RFQ’s for key categories
- Supply Security:
- Ensure the delivery of materials to manufacturing plants
- Understand, challenge & anticipate business needs and future growth
- Implement Business Contingency Plan (BCP) for critical materials
- Implement Service Level Agreements with suppliers: On Time in Full (OTIF), etc.
- Category Reporting and Financials:
- Prepare Annual Budget, Price lists, and Material Variance Analysis
- Develop and implement productivity projects for respective categories
- Work with Procurement Finance to monitor and track productivity, cash flow, risks, and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Regional strategy development, validation & activation:
- Co-develop with the Premium Dairy team the ingredient sourcing strategy
- Maintain connection with internal stakeholders such as R&I, Operations, Quality, Marketing to ensure regional business needs are being met
This Position falls under Danone’s strategic portfolio review, which includes the potential sale of the Horizon Organic and Wallaby brands. An employee who accepts this role agrees to transition to a new employer in the event of a sale. The base compensation range for this position is $96,000 - $143,000 commensurate with experience. There is also an exciting Success Bonus opportunity related to this role.
You will have:
- 8+ years prior work experience in procurement/purchasing or related field; Commodity experience preferred
- or related field preferred
- Proven track record of network building, negotiations and contracting, data analysis, and decision making
- Strong leadership capabilities