About the job
About the Job:
Danone North America is looking for Research & Innovation (R&I) Senior Director, Plant-based Food & Beverages located in the Louisville, Colorado office.
The R&I Senior Director, Plant-based Food & Beverages is responsible to lead a team of product developers across the Plant-based Food & Beverages Business Unit, which is a pioneer and leader in the North American and global plant-based industry across several categories with brands such as Silk, So Delicious Dairy Free, and Follow Your Heart. The R&I Senior Director will partner with the Brand Teams to identify and deliver consumer centric winning product to support the growth agenda. They will lead a team of product developers and scientists within the United States ensuring brand technical innovation is developed and new products with points of differentiation are delivered to support the values of unrivaled quality, creativity and innovation across our product portfolio and categories.
In this role you will:
- Drive R&I strategic product initiatives, innovation, renovation and productivity for the Danone North American Plant-based Food & Beverages business.
- Partner with marketing to deliver Brand Pipelines, Innovation, Renovation & Sustainability according to Business Goals and Strategies.
- Execute and deliver the innovation agenda for plant-based food & beverages.
- Reporting to the VP of R&I, be a valued R&I partner and resource for the Plant-based Business Unit.
- Collaborate with R&I peers to continue to build capabilities and tools to create new and improve existing products across all businesses.
- Collaborate with company-wide Global internal technical network and global Plant-based Center of Excellence to drive efficiencies and share best practices.
- Drive sustainability strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for effective ways of working with pilot plant to increase productivity and efficiency to unlock potential for all businesses.
- Lead the selection of key new vendors with procurement and maintain strong relationships with incumbents to continuously identify and deliver on innovative ideas and expanded capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with all relevant stakeholders to support operational excellence in scaling product launches across both internal and external manufacturing facilities.
- Catalyze the development of new products, processes, and technologies that have application in the plant-based food and beverage space, especially plant-based milk alternatives. Explore new process and ingredient technology solutions to deliver differentiated products with relevant consumer benefits and to maintain superiority.
- Lead, grow and, develop a strong team of plant-based food and beverage product developers, scientists, engineers, and technicians.
- Partner with Open Innovation and Long-Range Innovation teams to help build a technical strategy and roadmap for the future of plant-based food and beverages for Danone North America.
The base compensation range for this position is $150,000-225,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
You will ideally have:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, graduate degree in Food Science or Engineering preferred.
- 10-15 years experience in product design/development (preferably in the food or beverage industry). The ideal candidate will have progressive and increasing levels of responsibility and leadership accountability with a minimum of 10 years managing product programs and people.
- Demonstrated Leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products.
- Technical depth and relevant experience in food sciences, technology, and processing. Most preferably, the candidate has a experience in successfully designing and launching products in plant-based or animal free categories, especially in dairy or meat analogues.
- Able to fully understand complex and unstable business environment in order to activate proper strategy to drive business results from a top and bottom line perspective.
- General knowledge of the processes within marketing, industrial design, production, supply chain and global sales channels.
- Strong commercial acumen, technical development skills, judgment and understanding of the business and industry. Experience leading a product development function across multiple markets or countries preferred.
- Ability to create a roadmap for short term and long-term technical deliverables and skills to influence relevant cross functional business partners for implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&D.
- Self-starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring disruptive and innovative ideas.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25%.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU. Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c .pdf