About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager based in our Dallas, Texas manufacturing facility. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. You will lead compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations and will implement a sustainable environmental, health and safety management system at a plant level and drive EHS performance improvement and efficiency. This position will participate in the Danone North America EHS Leadership Network.
In this role you will:
- Build a proactive safety culture at plant through a WISE2 Safety Management System. Create environment where employees, supervision and plant functional leaders are engaged in working safely.
- Develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company.
- Develop, implement and drive cost-effective compliance and safety and environmental programs. Drive and support EHS capex projects.
- Oversee and drive waste management and minimization strategies and achievement of Zero Waste to Landfill
- Implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems and integrate EHS into other plant systems and processes.
- Conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits). Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Director and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Participate in audits of other facilities.
- Oversee all EHS training programs and requirements.
- Investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
- Prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards. Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with Cal-OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices.
- Serve as the interface with local, state, and federal agencies.
- You have a bachelor’s or master's degree in safety. environmental, health, chemistry, or related field, required.
- You will have at least 7 years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment, required.
- You are knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and have exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS).
- You have the ability to serve as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- You are adaptable and flexible and can work well under pressure, can effectively handle conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks.
- You have the ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
- You have excellent management, organization, recordkeeping, and documentation skills.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. #LI-NORAM #LI-ONSITE