About the job
About the Job:
The mission of the Danone North America Regenerative Agriculture Team is to secure stable, fair returns for our growers while enabling value creation for all. Additionally, we will connect our growers with our consumers and their choices while ensuring a legacy for future generations.
Danone North America believes that regenerative agriculture does not just simply mean working for a better environment, but also to improve the life of farmers while delivering strong profitable returns. Danone North America aims to prove our Regenerative Agriculture Program will be self-sustainable and even profitable in the long run.
• Execute the plant-based strategy based with the guidance and oversight of the Farming and Sustainability Director.
• Work together with our partners and internal Danone employees to confirm reporting done on farm and planning for the future.
• Manage plans for crop improvement and enhanced production while being cognizant of our regenerative agriculture pillars:
o Soil, Water, Biodiversity
o Animal Welfare
o Generational Farming
• Designing and coordinating land development projects for agricultural land.
• Advise planning and managing production at row crop farms, fruit and nut orchards and dairy operations.
• Carrying out and provide input on land-use planning in accordance with recommendations by our third party partners.
What the Team Will Be Doing as a whole:
• Provide leadership & guidance for the Regenerative Agriculture Program expansion: continued acreage growth and building new farm relationships, launch Return on Investment tool, Expand into Plant Based categories including Almonds, Oats and Soy, and link program attributes to simplified brand and company communication on Regenerative Agriculture.
• Develop working relationships with dairy farms and growers on behalf of Danone and farm partners in each of our key milk sheds across the country and in each of the various portfolios that Danone is present in, including Conventional, NGMO, and Organic dairy
• Activate various on farm projects that benefit our move toward Regenerative Agriculture.
• Develop and advise crop growers on all sustainable agricultural practices: from crop rotation, crop types, fertilizer, and pesticide usage to any other agronomic topics.
• Working with Danone key suppliers to develop key regenerative agriculture projects to reduce carbon, water, and increase soil health and biodiversity.
o Working with farms individually on larger projects
o Developing projects that can be applicable across a broad scope of farm
The base compensation range for this position is 96,000-143,000(commensurate with experience). Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
Managerial Competencies & Personal Skills needed:
- Strong project management/organization skills
- Leads and drives change
- Strong communication and motivation skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
Professional Experience/Education needed
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy/Soil Science, Environmental Resource Management or related agriculture degree
- Familiarity with Conventional, NGMO, and Organic dairy systems
- Experience with row crop farming
- 4-7 years of experience in crop production and/or agronomy or agricultural input sourcing
- Certified Crop Advisor Certification (CCA) is a plus
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf