About the job
This position is temporary for a duration of 1 year. The candidate will be eligible to receive a retention and performance bonus while benefiting from a flexible and hybrid schedule within a high growth company.
The Senior Manager, Nutrition and Health role is key in contributing to the advancement of Danone’s mission and goals, internally and externally, in all matters related to science, nutrition and health for Danone’s businesses in Canada.
Mission: Responsible for advancing Danone’s health strategy and managing relations with health and nutrition stakeholders. Responsible for collaborating closely with internal teams and providing expert guidance, advice and training on scientific, health and nutrition topics related to our categories and our products. Responsible for advocating for Danone and maintaining company credibility and reputation.
- Helps execute the One Health roadmap, including collaborations for health education
- Manages relations with scientific nutrition and health stakeholders, including Key Opinion Leaders and Key Opinion Formers
- Supports brand activation while maintaining company reputation and credibility
- Collaborates with other functions (R&D, marketing, regulatory affairs, legal affairs, communications) to identify, develop and validate messages and claims, build innovations and support product launches
- Monitors and grasps nutrition and health issues and deliver risk/opportunity analysis for the business
- Provides strategic scientific input on nutrition and health matters positioning and scientific dossiers
- Acts as expert and provides guidance, advice and training on nutrition and health topics related to our categories and products
- Supports business as needed e.g. consumer or healthcare professional requests, crisis management issues
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Registered Dietitian, licensed member of regulatory college and in good standing
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in the agri-food or health industry (or related field)
- Experience working with researchers, industry and health associations
- Strong communication skills (scientific and nutrition)
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work independently and demonstrates initiative
- Strong Key Opinion Leader network (nutrition and health) is an asset
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Toronto, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have 500+ employees across Canada engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.