About the job
The Zero Waste Sr. Manager leads and develops cross-functional strategic initiatives to reduce finished goods waste (donations, destructions, damages, markdowns/distress sales) across the different business units, to deliver cost savings and improve environmental sustainability. This role will create, improve, and maintain the tools used by the Zero Waste team for communicating results, key performance metrics, and priorities. Key to success is fostering a zero-waste mindset in the entire organization and leading cross functional projects to deliver the ambition of Danone to reduce waste by 50% by 2030. This is a highly interactive role that will require daily contact with different functions including Demand, Supply, and Materials Planning, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer, and Marketing/Sales.
The base compensation range for this position is $97,000 - $135,000 (commensurate with experience). Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
Professional Experience/Education needed:
• Bachelor of Science; emphasis in Supply Chain Management/Operations preferred
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Successful problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Capacity to lead through influence
• Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional peers and team leaders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work and communicate across value chain with diverse team members
• Change agent: open to challenge and change (if needed) existing practices
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain networks, demand and supply planning fundamentals is required
• Extensive experience and familiarity of SAP functionalities is required, operational knowledge of SAP including common transactions is preferred
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Ability to independently formulate plan(s) to deliver job commitments
• Ability to raise relevant alerts and solve others
• 5+ years of experience in the entire Supply Chain preferably in a CPG Industry
• 5+ years of experience managing Supply Planning processes and project management
• Proven experience delivering high performance results and cost savings projects
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Please note that employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.