About the job
As the Senior Microbiome Scientist, you will be part of the Digital Health and OneBiome Team at the D-Lab, Danone Nutricia Research & Innovation (R&I) center located in Singapore (Biopolis).
You will be part of the Global Medical and Nutrition Science team. The main mission of the Medical and Nutrition Science team is to develop science based nutritional concepts for the benefit of main Danone brands and product categories (dairy, plant-based, waters, infant nutrition and medical nutrition).
The Digital Health and OneBiome Team develops digital health tech services for Danone to impact health locally and contribute to value creation for people and business via digital technologies. You will be part of an international team (Paris, Shanghai, Utrecht) and maintaining and building connections with several teams from different R&I functions and business units in Danone.
As part of the team, you will report to the Senior Team Leader Gut Microbiology and OneBiome based in Singapore.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be leading scientific projects related to Microbiome & Nutrition Science of strategic and business relevance.
You will be responsible:
- To translate the science into value creation such as scientific evidence to support nutritional innovations.
- To lead external collaborative research with academic partners at local and international level.
- To lead external collaborative research with digital health/microbiome start-ups.
- To lead business projects by engaging with country business units.
You will be working cross-functionally in a multi-disciplinary scientific/business environment.
As part of your responsibilities, you will have to engage both global and local stakeholders across several R&I and business functions.
To be successful in this role, you will need…
The following technical skills and experience:
- A strong background in Microbiology and Nutrition .
- Minimum a PhD in Gut Microbiology/Microbiome Science, or Computational Microbiome Research.
- Experience in microbiome science applied to Adult Nutrition & Health.
- Connection to relevant life science & medical ecosystems.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a related field.
These soft skills:
- Effective verbal and strong written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills for networking and ability to convince, engage, collaborate with and influence key internal and external stakeholders with leadership skills.
- Have an open mindset and be able to think out of the box, to learn from mistakes and improve with the right mindset.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings, including with cross functional teams and teams across different geographies.
- Likes to work in a changing environment; able to drive the change.
- Structured way of working, focused on tasks, deadlines and frequent updates to drive success collaboratively.
Do things your way. At Danone Singapore, we believe that our teams work best when they are empowered to work flexibly – this is why our hybrid working policy allows you to agree the right balance of homeworking and office working, in line with yours and the team’s needs.
Focus on development – your way
With a suite of learning opportunities and a strong focus on in-role development, your line manager will work closely with you to help unlock your career ambitions within Danone. Working here you will enjoy a fast-paced, complex environment, which is packed with opportunities for the entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as evian, Dumex and Aptamil, and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
We live by our core ‘HOPE’ values – H is for Humanism, as people are at the heart of everything we do. O is for Openness, welcoming new ideas from the world we live in. P is for Proximity, as we believe that building close relationships leads to better understanding and trust. E is for Enthusiasm, for those who are as passionate as we are about bringing health through food to as many people as possible.
Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU. For more information about Danone, our divisions and culture, please visit careers.danone.com.