About the job
Our Procurement team finds strategic approaches to procuring key resources for Danone like milk, water and plastic. As a part of this team, you will work with colleagues to find suppliers and resources that fit with our business goals, promote a circular economy, and support Danone’s One Planet, One Health vision. We are looking to hire a Senior Category Activation Manager (Senior Sourcing Manager) based in either White Plains, NY or Broomfield, CO! As Senior Category Activation Manager - Commodity Ingredients, your mission will be to source and manage the Sugar, Fats/Oils, Cocoa, and Sweeteners categories for Danone North America. With category spend of ~$200MM, the role has significant impact to both the Top and Bottom lines for Essential Dairy and Plant Based divisions so having a strong understanding of commodity markets and coverage strategy are essential. Furthermore, you will lead and/or contribute to key sourcing projects in the region while monitoring and driving key performance indicators related to financial performance, quality/legal compliance, and responsible sourcing.
- Commodity and Market Management:
- Develop and maintain in-depth category knowledge for Sugar, Fats/Oils, Cocoa, and Sweetener markets; review with Central Procurement and Market Intelligence teams
- Develop, present, and gain alignment from senior leaders on key commodity purchasing recommendations
- Build, launch, and execute regional RFQ’s for key categories
- Supply Security:
- Ensure the delivery of materials to our manufacturing plants
- Implement Business Contingency Plan (BCP) for critical materials
- Implement Service Level Agreements with suppliers: On Time in Full (OTIF), etc.
- Category Reporting and Financials:
- Prepare Annual Budget, Price lists, and Material Variance Analysis
- Develop and implement productivity projects for respective categories
- Work with Procurement Finance to monitor and track productivity, cash flow, risks, and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Regional strategy development, validation & activation:
- Co-develop with the Central Procurement team a NORAM sourcing strategy
- Maintain connection with internal stakeholders such as R&I, Operations, Quality, Marketing to ensure regional business needs are being met
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management:
- Manage and lead the NORAM supply network for respective categories
- Identify, build, and develop Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) with local and global suppliers, which should be in line with objectives set by the central procurement team. This includes setting and tracking performance objectives, scheduling annual business reviews, and delivering on innovation targets.
The base compensation range for this position is $105,000-164,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
You will have:
- 8+ years prior work experience in procurement/purchasing or related field; Commodity experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Proven track record of network building, negotiations and contracting, data analysis, and decision making
- Strong leadership capabilities
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf