About the job
Nutricia Research Centre for Specialized Nutrition, located in the Utrecht Science Park in the Netherlands is a state-of-the-art Life Science innovation center for the development of new product concepts for Specialized Nutrition. We create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients.
We are looking for a Senior UX Data Manager in the User Experience team to accelerate the digital developments for our sensory & consumer data. This new position is a great opportunity for someone wishing to join a dynamic community, in the User Experience department of Danone Nutricia Research in Utrecht. Our dynamic UX community, with more than 100 collaborators across the world, has for main mission to embody the user voice to inspire and co-design awesome food experiences that people will adopt. We work in a multi-disciplinary business environment, to understand consumer’s behaviours and expectations and design Products and Packaging. We partner with leading-edge scientists and agencies to build a competitive advantage for Danone.
Your main responsibilities
As Senior UX Data Manager you will use your expertise in Sensory & Consumer Data Science within the UX SN team to provide industry-leading data science solutions to understand and explain users’ perceptions and direct product development. Your mission is to :
- Inspire and fuel innovation projects through big learnings generated from sensory & consumer data and linking it to data sets from different disciplines to drive significant business benefits.
- Support statistical analysis of sensory & consumer data to identify insights and co-develop prediction models in collaboration with external partners.
- Ensure analyses are in adherence with data strategy including responsibility for data collection, databases, data quality & data governance.
In this role you will interface with multi-disciplinary teams and key capabilities in R&I. Given this, you should bring experience in sensory and consumer design research together with a passion for bringing the consumer voice into the business, and the ability to influence key business partners.
About the Job
Main accountabilities & responsibilities:
1. Manage the UX SN Data analyses:
- Support the statistical data analyses (preference mapping, meta-analysis, predictive modeling) to provide insights in collaboration with sensory & consumer design managers and/or agencies.
- Capitalize on existing models and co-build new predictive models together with externals partners, to better leverage our UX data and link them with data from other disciplines e.g. product development, physical measurements etc.
2. Knowledge Management & data quality:
Support the implementation of the UX database (sensory & consumer data), by collecting, cleaning existing data and creating rules for good quality data collection in partnership with agencies.
Work in strong interaction with several departments (R&D, Product Development, Data Science, IT) to connect UX databases with internal systems and ensure consistency of the strategic analysis and of data management.
3. Implement & animate the digital developments of the UX SN Team:
Co-build the UX data roadmap to feed the business needs and work together with other data science teams, data architecture and IT teams to get these implemented in Danone.
Pilot new UX initiatives exploring new technologies on advanced statistics (AI…)
Review and convert generated results into insights and recommendations and communicate these findings in understandable presentations to various stakeholders.
Coordinate, train & animate the UX SN team to use the UX database, predictive models etc.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Food Science, Sensory/Sensometrics, Data Science, Statistics, or related fields with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Sensory Expertise - broad knowledge and experience in a range of sensory & consumer methods, especially quantitative studies.
Analysis and Interpretation - advanced understanding of basic and multivariate statistics to analyze sensory & consumer data (e.g. preference mapping, segmentation, etc.).
Experience with statistical software, such as SAS, EyeQuestion, Compusense etc.
Proficiency in programming language, preferably in R or Python
Experienced in visualization tools (PowerBi, Shiny etc.).
Intellectual curiosity for problem-solving using data science modeling techniques and passion for keeping up to date with current methodological developments.
Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and high-level audiences and giving understandable data-driven presentations.
Fluent in English; and international experience is a bonus.
Purpose-driven person, who wants to contribute to Danone’s Mission to positively impact health.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. After your application deadline first feedback will follow within 2 weeks. In case you are invited to the selection process you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career site.
Need more information? Please contact Joost Rijksen, Talent Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.