About the job
The job is situated in the Kettering Production Plant, where plant-based alternatives to milk are made. The job is situated within the Maintenance department. The Maintenance and Engineering department at the Kettering Production Plant is responsible for all maintenance works within the entire Production and Logistics departments.
The production equipment and plants include, soya processing equipment, storage tanks, formulation equipment, steam supplies, sterilisers, filling machines, packaging lines including corresponding shut-off and control valves, etc.
The job holder’s responsibilities within the Maintenance department are three-fold. On the one hand, the job holder is responsible for performing Planned and reactive work, periodical inspections so that malfunctions, defects and/or unsafe situations are identified in time and lead the corrective actions. On the other hand, the job holder is responsible for executing scheduled maintenance works and for assisting in (part of the) modification and/or new construction works on equipment and plants. Finally, the job holder is responsible for repairing breakdowns on the production lines to minimise downtime and quality defects whilst working safely always. The job holder must undertake small CI projects, lead and drive 5S tasks, Calibrations, documentation updates and be active in the RCA process. Given the comprehensive working area, the job holder must have a broad knowledge of various technical disciplines. The job holder’s works are situated both in the production plant and in the technical workshop.
To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
- Time served and qualified maintenance engineer. Multi-skilled preferred or prepared to work towards. If electrical bias, 17th edition qualified
- City and guilds or NVQ3 qualified in an engineering or maintenance discipline
- PC basic skills (MS Excel, MS Word, SAP)
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment, ideally with experience in packaging machinary and knowledge of sterilisation and filling processes
- Good physical health as the role requires lots of walking, climbing and lifting
We are the market leader in an ever-expanding category. We have record breaking teams within the Alpro group and are very proud of our successes. All operational roles are instrumental to the Team winning in all areas, especially Health and Safety.