About the job
As a Paper & Flexibles buyer, your mission is to source for all Danone North America business units. As part of the Paper & Flexibles team, you will support and implement the category sourcing strategy. You will lead and/or contribute to key sourcing projects in the region while monitoring and driving key performance indicators related to financial performance, quality & legal compliance and responsible sourcing.
- Paper & Flexibles sourcing for North America.
- Tender preparation, bid analysis, contract negotiations.
- Lead or co-lead with R&I and other relevant stakeholders the category sourcing projects around portfolio simplification, dual sourcing, reformulation.
- Follow up contract with volume allocation, consumption coverage, quality notification, claims
- Develop in depth market knowledge on regional players and insights including local business needs
- Deploy regional sourcing action plans based on global category strategy capturing regional & International requirements (ie import duties, local sourcing)
- Supplier relationship & performance management
- Direct management of defined regional/local suppliers
- Preparation of performance objectives and annual business reviews
- Category reporting and compliance
- Prepare Budget, price lists, material variance analysis, monitor material coverage
- Monitor and support business units on financial performance productivity & cash
- Lead and ensure supplier contract compliance
- Contribute to monthly market forecast with market intelligence team
- Active participation in sustainability initiatives related to the category.
The base compensation range for this position is $75,000-113,000 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment.
Skills and functional competencies
- University degree in Business, Operations/Logistics, Engineering, Science, procurement
- Experience and proven success in managing a direct category.
- Ability to build relationship in an international and cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Ability to operate perform in a high-pressure global environment.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously & to develop priorities.
- English speaking. Ideally second and third language is an advantage.
Attitude and behavior
- COMMITTED to build an ambitious future
- OPEN to learn & share with others
- DO-ER to deliver results fast
- EMPOWERING to energize people
- SELF AWARE
- CREATIVE to challenge status quo and look for opportunities (also in communication)
- ENTREPENEUR to take (calculated) risk
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf