About the job
Our Procurement team finds strategic approaches to procuring key resources for Danone like milk, water and plastic. We are looking to hire a Sourcing Manager, Closures and Bottles based in White Plains, NY or Broomfield, CO. You will work inside the global Plastics Solutions Team, where we purchase materials for our Closures and Bottles. The mission of the team is act on WHAT and HOW we source to enable growth, end-to-end efficiency and sustainability. In order to co-create value with the business and leverage the supplier strategic network, we will work in 3 main levers:
- Growth: design to superior value, Connect for growth, SRM
- End to end efficiency: COGS and CASH efficiency, BCP, MRM and Indirect FX management
- Planet: Packaging Transformation
Furthermore, you will lead and/or contribute to key sourcing projects in the region while monitoring and driving key performance indicators related to financial performance, quality/legal compliance, and responsible sourcing.
This is a regional procurement role that will work across all the marketing categories for NORAM Beverages and Yogurt as well as work closely with our global counterparts on our roadmap to support our business strategy.
The key category of responsibility are Closures and Bottles in virgin or recycled plastic, and produced by any technology (Injection molding or thermoforming).
In this role, you will define & implement a regional purchasing strategy for Closures and Bottles in line with the global Strategy, enable innovation, improve the divisions competitive position, & increase the purchasing proficiency in the category. Additionally,
- You will be the account manager for regional suppliers and regional contact for global suppliers
- You will understand, challenge & anticipate Danone business needs and future growth
- You will understand & analyze the Plastics Market Trends
- You will propose, validate & implement a 3 – 5 year sourcing strategy in line with the global strategy
- You will manage big transformations in your category very closely and work cross-functionally and globally to ensure successful launch through various projects over the next 1-2 years and beyond
- You will guarantee 100% supply to regional factories
- You will identify, keep ready & activate backup solutions for unexpected demand
- You will maintain the budget
- You will identify market risks & opportunities & their full impact
- You will identify, manage & coordinate negotiations, working with the global team, ensuring cost competitiveness at all times
- You will develop category excellence; identify inside & outside best practices
In accordance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the base compensation range for this position is $75,000-113,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- You will have 3+ years of work experience in Procurement or Supply Chain, FMCG experience a plus
- You will have both a hands on & strategic business approach
- You will be tenacious & strong at building relationships
- You will be agile & flexible, and thrive with ambiguity
- You will be fluent in English; French is a plus, but not mandatory
- You will have project management and cost management experience
- You will ideally have plastic or packaging sourcing experience
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf