About the job
Danone MENA is looking for an experienced Specialized Nutrition Education Manager for its Specialized Business for MENA to be based Cairo, Egypt.
SN Education Manager is part of the medical affairs and Market Access team. Educating healthcare professionals, patients and carers and empowering them with the latest medical and scientific knowledge is key to impact health through specialized nutrition, leading to sustainable business growth. This role will play a critical part in developing and implementing comprehensive nutrition education programs both internally for our team and externally for healthcare providers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in nutrition, education, and healthcare engagement.
In the pursuit of a being up to date with the ongoing scientific advancements in the field of specialized nutrition require staying updated with the latest research and translating it into educational content internally and externally.
this role’s main challenges would be:
- The Educational Manager needs to quickly understand and effectively communicate the unique features and benefits of these new products to both internal teams and external healthcare providers
- Designing education programs that cater to the diverse needs and regulatory nuances of different countries within the region, ensuring consistency while addressing unique challenges.
- Developing education strategies that not only differentiate Danone's products but also demonstrate their superior value and efficacy to healthcare providers amid strong competition.
- Ensuring that educational materials remain current, relevant, and reflective of the latest scientific evidence to maintain credibility and trust among healthcare providers.
- Ensuring that internal team members retain and apply the knowledge gained from training sessions to effectively communicate product benefits to healthcare providers.
- With the rise of remote work and virtual interactions, adapting educational programs to engaging and effective virtual formats, ensuring active participation and understanding.
- Addressing language and cultural differences within the MENA region to deliver education programs that are adapted across diverse backgrounds.
- Establishing metrics to quantitatively measure the impact of internal and external education initiatives on healthcare providers' understanding, preferences, and recommendations,
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Internal Education:
- Design, develop, and implement internal training programs on specialized nutrition products for the SN team, ensuring a deep understanding of product benefits, usage, and key messages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to tailor educational materials and programs that align with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular training sessions, workshops, and webinars to enhance the knowledge and skills of the SN team, keeping them updated on the latest industry trends and scientific advancements.
- Create and maintain a robust knowledge-sharing platform to facilitate continuous learning and development within the organization.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal education initiatives through feedback mechanisms and performance metrics, adjusting strategies as needed.
- External Education for Healthcare Providers:
- Develop and execute external education programs targeting healthcare providers, including physicians, dietitians, and nurses, to enhance their understanding of specialized nutrition products.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals and associations to organize seminars, webinars, and workshops, providing them with the latest information on our products and their benefits.
- Create educational materials such as scientific presentations, brochures, and case studies to support healthcare providers in recommending and utilizing our products effectively.
- Stay abreast of scientific literature and industry developments, translating this knowledge into educational content to position Danone SN as a thought leader in specialized nutrition.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders and influencers in the healthcare community to amplify the impact of our education initiatives.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Training Effectiveness: Measure the success of internal training programs by assessing the team's understanding of specialized nutrition products through pre- and post-training assessments.
- Knowledge Retention: Track long-term knowledge retention among team members through periodic assessments and quizzes after the training sessions.
- Employee Engagement: Monitor team engagement in internal education initiatives, including participation rates in training sessions, workshops, and knowledge-sharing platforms.
- Application of Learning: Evaluate how well the team applies the knowledge gained from training in their day-to-day activities, contributing to improved product understanding and sales performance.
External Education for Healthcare Providers:
- Healthcare Provider Engagement: Measure the participation and engagement of healthcare providers in external education programs, including attendance at webinars, workshops, and engagement with educational materials and Danone’s Educational Websites ( Nutricia Campus MENA, Danone Nutricia Campus MENA,DNC.
- Perception and Feedback: Gather feedback from healthcare providers to assess their perception of the educational content, its relevance, and its impact on their understanding of specialized nutrition products.
- Product Adoption Rates: Track the adoption rates of specialized nutrition products by healthcare providers, assessing the correlation with education initiatives.
- Alignment with Business Goals: Ensure that education initiatives align with broader business objectives and evaluate the impact of education on supporting these goals.
- Collaboration Effectiveness: Assess the level of collaboration between the education manager and other departments, measuring successful coordination with marketing, sales, and medical affairs teams.
Geographic scope of the job:
- MENA SN
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and medical affairs teams to align education strategies with business objectives.
- Collaborate with regional and global teams to leverage best practices, ensuring consistency and alignment in education initiatives.
To be successful in the role you should ideally have:
- Education: bachelor’s or master’s degree in medical, pharmaceutical science, life sciences including Nutrition, Dietetics, or a related field
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in nutrition education, with a focus on both internal team training and external healthcare provider education.
- Fluent in English &Arabic. (written and verbal), French is a plus.
- Strong understanding of specialized nutrition products and their applications in healthcare settings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering educational programs, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural and cross-functional environment.
- Familiarity with regulations and guidelines related to healthcare education in the MENA region.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to work across functions and building effective working relationships between functions
- Ethical and responsible
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of collegial respect and integrity; being widely trusted.
- Ability to gain respect by being open, honest, and fair.
- Ability to deliver on commitments and does not misrepresent self or others for personal gain.
- Communication skills - verbal, written, presentation.
Candidates should be open to move within the Maghrib Region or outside the region with Danone in 3-4 years if such opportunity will arise which will contribute to his/her career growth
Candidates are expected to adhere to Danone’s core values: Humanism, Openness, Proximity & Enthusiasm
Danone’s mission is Bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have in impacting the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Working in Danone MENA is one of the best places to build a strong career through everyday learning, empowerment, and team collaboration in an open culture & environment. Our culture fosters autonomy and empowerment, where your everyday can be a fresh adventure - full of new possibilities and opportunities for your development.
Danone MENA doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where all hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We recruit, employ, train, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, age, genetic characteristic, or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
So, if you are the Specialized Nutrition Education Manager we are looking for, click on "apply" now before January 7th.
For more information about Danone, its people, and its business, please visit www.danone.com