About the job
By joining our Regional Asia, Middle East & Africa (AMEA) Finance team, you will be leading the Strategy and Business Development across the AMEA Zone, a very diverse country and category portfolio across South-East & Central Asia, Middle East and Africa. This role will bring to life the Danone AMEA performance from Strategy to Action and will be responsible for external and internal executive level framing of our strategic direction, performance, and challenges. The role will work closely with the AMEA Zone Leadership Team and Functional Leadership Teams as well as the Company’s global Strategy & Business Development Team to synthesize strategy & performance, driving discussion & decisions that advance our strategic ambitions.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
o Lead AMEA Strategic Plan work to define regional and category organic strategy with focus on mid- & long term.
o Support of CBUs in local strategic plan through right capabilities and tools (e.g., Structural Portfolio Management projects) and finding most value accretive strategic options
o Close collaboration with Global Strategy Team and Global Category strategy teams.
o Coordinate Danone Impact Journey Strategy as part of the overall regional strategy with Stream Leaders
• Business Development
o Develop inorganic strategies and BD pipeline in collaboration with global Business Development
o Assessment and business case building for BD opportunities in collaboration with global Business Development, global Categories, and global M&A
o Strategic Support of longer-term regional projects
• Macro-economic, Category, market share, Competitor Insights. Create data backed POV on Danone’s performance vs peers on multiple metrics and lead strategic competitive intelligence.
• Creating compelling, powerful presentations for a range of audiences – M&A, global executives, internal etc.
This will be done by:
• Preparing content for key internal and external meetings including quarterly performance reviews with senior Global executives
Key internal stakeholders/relationships
• All AMEA Zone Leadership Team Members
• Global Strategy and BD team
• Global categories (SNU, waters, dairy)
• Corporate M&A team
• Global S&I and data analytics teams
Key external stakeholders/relationships
• Macro and Market research providers
• Singapore Economic Development Board
To be successful in this role, you will need…
The following technical skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred.
• Over 12 - 15 years of experience in a similar background with preference for Finance or Strategy background.
• Strong business & financial acumen and strategic mindset, with an ability to think across a broad system, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks.
• Exceptional PowerPoint and fluency – you’re the best at creating powerful, crisp presentations!
• Multiple-function experiences - leaders who were power-users of analytics and insights and have leveraged to drive better business decisions from multiple perspectives. FMCG experience preferred.
These soft skills:
• A trusted partner to executive stakeholders, you have strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization, and ability to partner across teams.
• Skilled at simplifying complexity and distilling key messages into crisp, impactful language.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills underpinned by world class presentation and storytelling abilities.
• High tolerance for ambiguity and on-going change. You are comfortable working in a complex matrixed environment, proactively engaging with stakeholders across all levels of organization.
• Proven record of influencing business decisions with fact-based insights with competitive intelligence, retail intelligence and persuasive communication to drive better business outcomes.
Do things your way. At Danone Singapore, we believe that our teams work best when they are empowered to work flexibly – this is why our hybrid working policy allows you to agree the right balance of homeworking and office working, in line with yours and the team’s needs.
Focus on development – your way
With a suite of learning opportunities and a strong focus on in-role development, your line manager will work closely with you to help unlock your career ambitions within Danone. Working here you will enjoy a fast-paced, complex environment, which is packed with opportunities for the entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as evian, Dumex and Aptamil, and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
We live by our core ‘HOPE’ values – H is for Humanism, as people are at the heart of everything we do. O is for Openness, welcoming new ideas from the world we live in. P is for Proximity, as we believe that building close relationships leads to better understanding and trust. E is for Enthusiasm, for those who are as passionate as we are about bringing health through food to as many people as possible.
Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU. For more information about Danone, our divisions and culture, please visit careers.danone.com.