About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are currently looking to hire a Summer 2024 Maintenance Intern based in West Jordan, UT!
The Summer 2024 Maintenance Intern will support Packaging/Processing by updating planned maintenance tasks, reviewing required spare parts, frequency of use, and min/max inventory. Work with spare parts manager and reliability engineers to improve processes within maintenance department.
The compensation rate for this internship is $24.00/hr. This position will work 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday for 8 Weeks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate engineering program in either Manufacturing, Industrial, Chemical, or related engineering science.
- Experience in manufacturing, food or dairy industry is preferred
- High-speed packaging systems design and integrated automation and controls technology
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with clients, vendors and team members at all levels
- Must be self-motivated, have good mechanical aptitude and ability to work well with others
- Strong "self-management" skills, requiring minimal daily supervision
- Exceptional written communication skills including ability to write reports
- Ability to communicate verbally one on one and in front of teams
- Able to work independently as well as in a team in order to achieve results effectively
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision. Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives.
- Strong math, computer and logic skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and resolve conflicts
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend or late shifts, during installation periods
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm, and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf